Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today was a busy Saturday. I started my morning bright and early with some pancakes, and real maple syrup to dip:



Then I headed to work for the day. I had a workshop - blah. Mid-morning we got a break, and I enjoyed this fruit plate:



For lunch they fed us soup and sandwiches. This is my portion of beef barley soup, and 1/4 veggie sandwich with cheese, and 1/4 roast beef sandwich:



For an afternoon snack I had a glo-bar:



After work I did some work on report cards. It is that time of year again ... yucky.

I got a great package in the mail on Friday!! I would like to thank Ron from NuNaturals for offering to send me some wonderful products to try and review. This is what he sent me:











Awesome hey!!!!! I have been wanting to try Stevia for some time now, and had never gotten around to buying it. Well now I don't have to! Ron also sent me some great recipes to try that use Stevia instead of sugar.

For those who don't know, here are some facts about Stevia:
  • Does not contain Aspartame or Sucralose, Sugar, Saccharin or any artificial sweetener
  • Contains no soy, yeast, gluten, wheat, milk, msg, synthetics, artificial colors, artificial flavours or preservatives
  • Non-bitter taste
  • Zero Calories
  • Does not affect blood sugar, so safe for diabetics
  • 100% natural
  • Dissolves instantly
  • NuNaturals stevia is stronger than most stevia products on the market, so you need less
  • Stevia is much stronger than sugar, so again, you need less of it
  • You can use the products that I was sent in baking, drinks, and pretty much anywhere you would use sugar.
Stay tuned for recipes featuring NuNaturals products! I can't wait to try them!

Tonight the hubby and I are going to our friend's house for a cheese party - because when I am given the choice between report cards, homework, or cheese ... I do what any responsible, hardworking professional would do - and choose the cheese.

Have a wonderful night everyone, and check back tomorrow for my re-cap from the CHEESE party (which is also a b-day party for my lovely friend Karli)!!!

4 comments:

Simply Life said...

Oh that's great that you got a package- how fun!!!

Joy of Food said...

Enjoy your party and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Taylor

Anonymous said...

have fun at your party! that sounds far better than report cards or homework! :-)

Low said...

Sorry you had to work over the weekend. Your lunch looked good though!