Thursday, November 12, 2009

Green Monster Obsession

Since it is flu season, I have been kind of extra obsessed with Green Monsters in the last few days ... I want to keep my immunity up by loading my body with nutrients.

Even though yesterday was a holiday, I went to work all day. I get more done when I am the only one there, and I don't mind because I got a lot done, and that helps with my sanity :-)

I was so busy working that I forgot to eat lunch! Bad, I know. On the way home from work I was famished, and I knew dinner would still take a while, so I bought a mini buffalo chicken tauquito from 7-11. Not the best choice, but better than nothing.

Dinner was brown rice with hot sauce, asparagus and sausage:



Later on in the evening I had a Green Monster which I loaded with a small pot full of lightly steamed spinach, 1 banana, 1 scoop amazing grass, 1 T nutella, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze and ice.



I also performed surgery on a pomegranate and got out these little pretties:



This morning I wanted to use some of them, so I tossed them in none other than a Green Monster. Told you I am obsessed.

Today's monster contained a pot full of lightly steamed spinach, 1/2 cup of POM arils, 1 cup almond breeze, ice and a scoop of chia seeds. In case I haven't told you yet - I LOVE chia seeds.



(My GM filled this glass about 3 times).

Breakfast also included this:



How do you keep your immunity up during the winter months?

11 comments:

Abby's Vegan Eats said...

My "Green" monsters always turn out brown and icky looking..lol. Yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

I am ALL over the GMs this this of year! I also drink an EmergenC or two every day!

Anonymous said...

I love green monsters!! I keep my immunity up by taking lots and lots of vitamins!

Anonymous said...

ive still never tried a Pomegranate! and i take vitamen C tablets everyday! they are so good..like candy

Anonymous said...

i make sure i'm taking my vitamins (especially when the fiance is sick!) and getting enough sleep-i think being low on sleep makes it harder for your body to fight off anything you're coming down with

Unknown said...

Do you put in a whole scoop of Amazing Grass?? I'm still trying to figure it out. haha..
Keep your immunity up, I'm on day 4 of H1N1 and it's not pretty. Although it's not the worst flu I've had, it steals every ounce of energy you have!!! Extra incentive to keep drinking GM's!! :)

Anonymous said...

To tell you the truth I don't do anything extra for my immunity in Winter. I take vitamins as usuall and eat what I normally eat. I've never had flu and get the odd cold, but in the warmer seasons. So I can't help thinking if you're gonna get a cold you're gonna get one and there's nothing you can do about it (that's my opinion anyway :-)

Taylor

Simply Life said...

Okay, you're making me feel like I really need to try a green monster! During the winter (and all the time) I take a multi vitamin everyday, try to eat healthy, drink lots of tea and water and listen to my body to rest when it needs to!

Anonymous said...

I think GMs are the best way to keep your immune system healthy :) I really need to drink more of those GMs

Yelena said...

I tried a GM a while back and couldn't really get into it. I think it's because I like to chew my food, but yours looks really good! I love Pomegranates and should get to the one I have chillin in my kitchen!

I try to drink plenty of liquids and wash my hands a lot, but I still seem to get sick. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

I have been slacking in my green monsters, and it shows in my skin :( I am loving TJ's red super drink and in general just making sure that I keep up the exercise and veggie intake. I wrote a guest post on staying well naturally for On a Lobster Placemat awhile back. I definitely do my best to stay well without meds!