Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Can't Say ...

No. I just can't. When it comes to taking on more than I can (or maybe want) to handle - I have a really hard time saying no. When people ask something of me, I always feel like I have to say yes, so that I don't disappoint them or let them down in any way. Do you feel like this?

Sorry - just feeling a lot of pressure lately, and needed to express myself a little bit!

On to my eats from this wonderful Wednesday!

Breakfast featured a packet of Amazing Grass, mixed with 1 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze, 1 T almond butter, and 1 banana:







On the way to work I also had:



And:



Lunch was leftover soybean balls from last night:



And this:



And this:



I also had 1 bite of a brownie (1/2 a 2-bite brownie).

For dinner the hubby suggested that we take a break from cooking and go to one of our favourite restaurants/ coffee houses for a nice, fresh meal. I think I am getting used to the veggie meals, because I ordered a "Green Bowl" - many green veggies, brown rice, sprouts, tofu, and lime peanut sauce:



I ate half and saved the rest for lunch tomorrow. The picture in my header (big pic at the top of my blog) was one I took at this same restaurant.

After dinner the hubby and I went for a coffee to Starbucks. I normally get something very plain, beacause I find their flavoured drinks WAY too sweet, and WAY to artificial tasting. Today I decided to give a flavoured latte another chance, but to ask for 1/2 the flavour. I got a small skinny 1/2 sweet pumpkin spice latte. It was really good, and much better than the full flavour one.



Oh, Christmas cup - I love you.

Does anyone love the Miley Cyrus song "Party in the USA" as much as I do?
Someone did a remake of the song (same melody, different lyrics) and made a video for it. I am really liking it right now:





I am also really loving this song:





What songs are you digging at the moment?

11 comments:

Amber said...

I'm TERRIBLE at saying no, too. And lately I'm feeling the pressure of all my recent Yes's!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

um that miley cyrus song is awesome. and i hate to admit that LOL

thank you for your nice words on my blog :)

i used to have a problem saying no, but now i dont. i think its about practice. :)

Sarah (Finding My Balance) said...

I cannot believe it is time for Christmas cups already! Good thought on gettng 1/2 flavor--that's a trick I wish I had learned sooner.

That green bowl looks great! Looks refreshing and crunchy--yum...

Alanna said...

I have a terrible time saying no as well, and I am very much in the 'way over my head boat' right now too. I think a big part of why I take so much on is not only the fact that I don't want to let anyone down but also a part of me wants to prove to myself that I can do it all. But, I think I need to learn to step back and just say no sometimes :)

Simply Life said...

I love the pumpkin spice latte about once a year - there's something great about only seasonal items and that way I can't get sick of the flavor :) Hope you're relaxed, not taking on too much today and learned to take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I can really relate to your post. I am the person that can't say no! I think it's healthy to decline to do things, but for some reason, I feel guilty when I do.

Low said...

Sorry for all the pressure. I know how you feel. You've got to remember to make time for yourself though!

Yelena said...

I am horrible at this. I say yes to everything and can't relinquish control! I am trying to get better at it! Hope the pressure goes away and you keep smiling!

Joy of Food said...

I definatley feel like that, I've had a problem like that at work with my boss wanting me to do more and more overtime and me feeling bad for saying not. Thankfully we've sorted it all out with a little advice from my bloggie friends.

Taylor

Alaina said...

Sorry you are feeling stressed...I agree - saying no is really hard. You just have to be confident that occasionally saying no will lead to better balance in your life and ultimately a healthier you in body and mind. Sometimes you have to be a little selfish for your own preservation. You are still like Wonder Woman to me!

p.s. Yes! Miley Cyrus!!! Why was this not on rotation during the dance party?

Anonymous said...

aww girlie just take a deep breath - I hope your stress goes away asap!!
love those laughing cow cheese. So delicious :)