Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Wednesday Bloggy Faces!

It was a beautiful day today - warm fall weather, no snow, no wind - just lovely. I hope this lasts a little while longer, because the winters in Saskatchewan can be brutal! Last year it was around -30 C almost every day of the winter!

I am almost over the cold I have been fighting for the past week - the homeopathic pills did their trick again because I only developed the slightest cough (a BIG improvement from any other time I have had a cold). I am still trying to keep my immune system strong by taking my vitamins and drinking my greens.

Last night I had a quick and easy green monster (1 big scoop of amazing grass, 1 cup almond breeze, 1 T peanut butter, 1 banana, 1 scoop chia seeds):



This green monster was the most PERFECT consistency, and it tasted AMAZING!

Breakfast this morning was 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, scrambled, with hot sauce:



A small glass of 100% pure orange juice:



And a glo-bar with my coffee on the way to work:



For lunch I had a sandwich with leftover roast chicken, and a little bit of mayo and pepper:



And an orange:



After work I went to the university (You have no idea how BAD I want the days of going to the U after work to be over). Almost there. Almost there.

Luckily when I got home I walked into a house that smelled wonderful! My amazing, and supportive husband threw the ingredients for vegetarian chili into the slow cooker this morning so that dinner would be ready when we got home. He knows how to take care of me!

The chili was AWESOME! Check out the recipe here.





You just wait until the New Year!! I am going to cook my hubby some FANTASTIC meals! And I am going to have dinner parties and bake, and have a chocolate party, and everything else I am too busy to think about right now! I am so excited to get my life back!!! School has sucked the life right out of me this semester, with GREs, classes, my experiment, my thesis, etc.. all while working more than full time hours, and dealing with basement renos.

I was able to accomplish SOME of my thesis writing tonight - and now I am going to leave it for a few days, and then come back to it this weekend, revise/ edit, and send it off to my advisor.

While I worked I snacked on 1/2 of this DISGUSTING bar:



I am tossing the other 1/2. I love Amazing Grass drink powders, but I HATE the bars. Sick.

Have you ever tried Amazing Grass products? Which is your favourite?
I swear by their regular amazing grass powder, and their wheat grass powder. I also love their amazing meal powders!


15 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwh I just ordered those bars.. hehe.. I guess I will test them out!! I seem to like to opposite of everyone else anyways!

We had pretty much the same breaky.. haha.. Great minds...

Lucky girl. I would love to come home to veggie chilli... My sweet hunny doesn't cook much. (except BBQ in the summer)!!

Devan said...

Thank you for your sweet comment, Jolene <3

I havent had any amazing grass bars.. but ive had their chocolate powder. I loved it! great mixed with pumpkin and stevia!

wheat grass is great too!

Nutritious is Delicious said...

The bars aren't the best...I agree!

I am now craving an orange.... :D

Simply Life said...

Oh that looks like a great chili recipe!!! No, I have yet to try amazing grass!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it, work and school. I can't seem to find any time for me when I have to do overtime, I couldn't imagine having to do school work too. You're going to have so much fun when it's over I'm excited for you :-)

Taylor

Anais said...

It's SO exciting that you're almost done with your thesis (most of all since well, I am so not)!!!

I've never tried Amazing Grass products because they're too expensive for me and I'm pretty sure I'd have to order them online.

Your chili recipe looks really good but I'm afraid to stray from mine (which I love so dearly!)

Anonymous said...

Can i send you lara bars and you send me Amazing grass? haha. your chili makes me wanna bust out my crock pot. Have a happy thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

you're so close to being done!
i had school every wed night. every wed, i'm so happy to be home instead now!

Amber said...

The weather has been beautiful here, too! I really hope it's a mild winter!!

That chili looks amaazing!

Have a great day!

glowingstrong said...

Hi Jolene
I am also from Canada. I enjoy your blog, might add you to my blogroll, maybe you will want to do same if you like?
Amazing Grass? Where do you buy it ?

Jocelyn said...

Hey girl. Not sure where you find the energy to keep up with your schedule! I'd want school to be o-v-e-r asap! Maybe it;s the wheatgrass ;)

I'm afraid to try those grass bars. Not for me!

Anonymous said...

I use the amazing greens super food in my smoothies almost every day! I think it has helped keep me in tip top shape this cold and flu season!

Katie ♥ said...

I love green monsters!!! I just started getting addicted to them!! Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes!!!! So sweet!! I hpe yours was great last month!!!

chrystad72 said...

Thanks so much for visiting my site! I was reading through your blog and love it! Its fantastic! The chili looks heavenly=)

I love the wheat grass powder too! Its my favorite. I usually mix it with mainly water and then about a tablespoon or two of pomegrante juice. Kinda tasty. I havent tried the bars yet though, but sounds like I need to stay away from those=) Thanks for the review!

I hope you have a great thanksgiving! Happy holidays!

Low said...

That's great that you're so close! That's so inspiring that you were able to accomplish all that at once.