Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just Another Saturday

Yep ... it is late post today ... we were out doing very important things. You know, like playing a Napoleon Dynamite board game, and other such ridiculousness.

You would be jealous of some of the drawings.


(A dolphin/ horse)


(A fox/ monkey). Monkey? Really? Our friend Jeff is a great drawer.

Jealous? I can see if my friends will offer drawing lessons, if you are interested.

Last night I wanted a Green Monster, but had no bananas so I made a blueberry smoothie. My smoothie contained a cup of almond breeze, about 2/3 cup frozen blueberries, and a Mott's fruit cup (berry applesauce):



I enjoyed my smoothie while watching "The Proposal" with hubby. It was cute :-)



Breakfast was some lovely whole wheat pancakes with real maple syrup to dip:



And some java of course:



After a painful morning of avoiding writing my thesis, I had some Annie's Organic mac and cheese for lunch:



Later on in the afternoon I had a Christmasy Lara Bar:



Nom. Nom. Nom.

Before dinner I went for an amazing 90 minute massage. It was the BEST massage I have ever had! I was in heaven. I have had a rough couple months, and this was just what I needed. I am going back for another on Thursday!!

We enjoyed dinner out with friends this evening at a place called Viet Thai. I had the tofu, veggie sizzling hot plate, 1 fresh role, and rice on the side. I used some of hubby's green curry sauce on my rice.





After dinner we went to a friends house and played silly games all evening. I consumed 8 potato chips, 1 ounce of nasty fruit liqueur, and 1 beer throughout the course of the evening.

And now I will sleep.

How was your Saturday? What did you do? Any big plans for Sunday?

13 comments:

Simply Life said...

YUM! Your thai dinner looks sooo good!

Anonymous said...

Great drawings, I'm very impressed ;-)
Sounds like you had a really great Saturday, I was working (overtime) and had an early night, very boring I'm afraid.

Taylor

Anonymous said...

mmm i am jealous of your massage! (And your thai food!)

Anonymous said...

I love that gingersnap larabar!

Unknown said...

that viet thai stuff looks delicious!
We went for sushi with friends last night.. YUM... it was sooo good!!
Today is going to be full of not too much!! Cooking a yummy dinner tonight for me, myself and I!! :) (yay no picky dave for dinner tonight hehe)
Have a great day!!

Amber said...

I'm jealous! I LOVE massages!! Glad that you left feeling so refreshed. And that Napoleon Dynamite game sounds HILARIOUS.

Anonymous said...

i LOVED the proposal!! ive never had the gingersnap lara..sounds so good tho

Jessica said...

I've never seen that Larabar! It sounds delicious!!

Alaina said...

I am so proud of my husband for making it into your blog! I have sent his "Funky" to his mother via email and have also set it as our desktop picture on the computer now. I almost pee my pants laughing every time I look at it. It is an abomination...

Tricia said...

Yum, your dinner looks great!

Kelly said...

Hmm...did your hubby like proposal? may make Eric watch that with me haha

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet night! BTW that Lara bar is freaking EXPENSIVE (even after the exchange rate)!! BTW I love that you like "ethnic" food! :)

low said...

Haha love the drawings! Glad you had a fun day!