Thursday, November 19, 2009

A lot of bloggers are doing a vegan for a day thing today - but I was totally unprepared and low on groceries ... so I WILL do this, but it will have to be another day in the near future! I definitely do want to try it out.

I don't have my sore throat anymore, but I am really stuffed up. I bought some homeopathic cough and cold pills because they worked wonders the last time I had a cold. Being around so many kids is tough on the immune system!!

Breakfast today was the usual GM (gotta keep H1N1 at bay :-):



(I had to use an old pic, because I chugged this so quickly that I completely forgot to snap a pick).

I didn't have much of an appetite today so I didn't anything else until lunch. For lunch I ran out to Subway and got a 6" turkey sub with veggies, cheese, and honey mustard:



I came home from work to the smell of a cooked dinner! Hubby made pulled pork (he threw it together in the slow-cooker this morning). We had roasted veggies on the side.









I am going to grab a snack, and watch survivor! As many of you know - I am a reality junkie!

What is your favourite "reality" show?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh slower cooker pork is so good!

it's ok to not to vegan for a day-i didn't :-)

i try, for the most part, to eat one vegan, one vegetarian, and one meal with meat a day... not always perfect, and i don't worry about weekends, but it keeps me mindful of how much meat i eat (and encourages me to eat more veggies)

Simply Life said...

I love meals from the slow cooker! Everything looks great!

Anonymous said...

OMG. That sandwich looks so juicy! Great job everydayfoodie hubby! I'm a WORSE reality junkie. Do you get bravo up there in canada? It's a channel!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

mymarblerye - Yes! we get Bravo!!!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE subway. my fav reality show is prob The Real Housewives of OC or NJ. its my guilty pleasure!

Chris said...

The pulled pork was good last night, but I think it was even better today for lunch.

Unknown said...

Whats my favorite reality show... eek.. i love so many of them!! :)
Probably America's Next Top Model, say yes to the dress and the Hills (if that is a reality show) but in "reality" I will pretty much watch anything!!

Low said...

Nothing is better than coming home to a delicious meal! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow-the sandwich looks so good!! I don't have a favorite reality show-I love almost all of them!

Anonymous said...

I love Top Chef and Project Runway!

Mom on the Run said...

I love Top Chef and The Amazing Race. I actually really want to try out for the race this year.