Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Friday Blog Faces!!

Today I had a great day at work! It was parent/ student/ teacher conferences today, and I met some of the awesome parents of my awesome students. They were 100% supportive, and enthusiastic about what we are doing in the classroom, and ready to help if needed. The parents said that their kids are LOVING being in my room, and that they can't stop talking about their class :-)

One parent told me that his son says I am the "best teacher ever!!" Totally made my day. Especially coming from a grade 8 boy! I love my job!

On to eats ...

This morning I was out of almond breeze, so I made a Green Monster using 1 cup of milk, 1 scoop of amazing grass, 1 banana, and 1 scoop chia seeds.



Lunch was leftover veggie chili, and a fruit cup:





I brought homemade cookies for the staff at my school today, and I ate 2 of them:



After work I made vegetarian burritos with sweet potatoes, onions, kidney beans, and spices mashed up and grilled in a wrap with cheddar cheese:



They were SO good!

The hubby and I are having a great night because our little nephew is sleeping over!!
We played with play-dough, and cars and trucks, and attack uncle (hehe), and had a snack, and snuggled. Now the little guy is in bed, and I can't wait for morning so I can see him again.
How did you spend your Friday night?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, that was the sweetest compliment from your student! That must have been so rewarding for you...

Heidi said...

Those burritos look sensational - I have gobs of unused sweet potatoes sitting in my pantry and I do believe I have found a new use for them!
My Friday night was spent with friends, thankfully. Some of our friends are in town for Thanksgiving, so we all got together for dinner at Gordon Biersch. It is always great catching up with old friends!

Simply Life said...

Congrats on clearly doing an amazing job as a teacher! I'm glad you're being recognized for it!

Unknown said...

Yay... you are one of those amazing teachers that are going to inspire kids to do amazing things!! :) yay for you!! They will probably think about you forever!! Kudos to you for that!!

your burritos look delish!! :)

Have a great Saturday,
Jess

Anais said...

OMG can I have the recipe for these burritos??? I think I may make them today, because I'm pretty sure I'd have all the ingredients!! (which is very exciting because I honestly didn't know what I was going to make today since I don't feel like getting anything at the store).

If not I guess I'll just have to wing it :P

Jocelyn said...

Awww...I am glad to hear that parent/teacher night went so well! You deserve all of the wonderful remarks from your students!! See! All of the hardwork does pay off :)

Your burrito looks amazing by the way. I will have to try to replicate that in the future lol.

Friday I had to work until 9. And then I was an old lady and fell asleep almost directly after I got home :P

Anonymous said...

YUUUUM! The sweet potato burritos look awesome! Thank for posting the recipe!

Nicci said...

Sweet Potato Burrito sure sounds good, I'll have to try this soon.

Anonymous said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG. I'm gonna make that sweet potatoe burrito stat! Sounds super satisfying!