Monday, November 16, 2009

Brain Dead ... Or Not?

Okay, there are reasons to believe that I have gone brain dead today.

Reason #1 - I totally thought that I took pictures of my packed lunch before leaving for work this morning ... but my camera will tell you a different story.

Reason #2 - I swear I put my little camera into my purse to take a pic of my dinner before my exam. But my purse would tell you a different story - and so would the camera sitting on my desk at home.

Needless to say, I only have food pics from the morning. But, I will still share what I ate.

Breakfast was my usual GM with 1 cup of this:



Some lightly steamed spinach:



A nanner:


1 T of Amazing Grass powder:



1 scoop of Chia Seeds:



1 T of almond butter:



It looked like it always does when it was done:



Mid-morning I had a glo-bar:



Lunch was a lean cuisine, 1 babybel cheese, and vanilla yogurt with blueberries.

Dinner was Subway (a 6" sub with chicken, lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, cheese, olives, and fat free dressing). I also had a couple little bites of leftover ham.

Now, there is one reason to believe I have NOT gone brain dead.

Reason #1 - I stared a class (the History of Psychology) in February as a correspondence class, as it was not offered at a time I could take at my U. I had to read 17 very detailed chapters, write 6 quizzes and a final exam that consisted of 100 m/c questions taken from anything in the most detailed 17 chapters I have ever encountered in 10 years of university. I slacked, and procrastinated like I have never done before and as of yesterday still had 6 chapters to read and 3 quizzes to write!! I didn't read the 6 chapters, as I didn't have time, and instead just skimmed to find the answers to the online quizzes. (The quizzes were open book - but the final was not - I had to go somewhere to write it).

I had read the other chapters many months ago, and had no time to look them over. So I went to the final exam in panic mode - stressed to the max, as passing this exam was crucial.

The classroom manual says that the exam can be completed in 90 minutes, but 2 hours are allotted in which you can complete the online exam.

Well, I pretty much had to guess (or so I thought I was guessing) on all the questions, and ended up finishing in 17 minutes because I wasn't even really reading the questions, because I didn't know anything! When I left I wanted to cry. This final is worth 70% of my grade!!

I drove home extremely upset ... but then I checked my grade online (it was an online test so the marks are up right away). Some how, by a miracle, I got 78 questions right out of the possible 100 m/c!!!!! This is definitely the lowest mark I have ever gotten on a test ... but I will SO take it!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I did this - I think my subconscious knows more than I do, and wrote the test for me. Overall in the class I ended up with an 85%. Not bad.

After all the excitement of this evening, I just want to crash on the couch and watch trashy TV. And eat a snack.

What do you snack on at night?
(I will let you know tomorrow what I end up having)





9 comments:

Sophia said...

Phew! I'm glad you survived the test ok.
But lol, you and I both...we all have our blonde moments, even though I am very dark-haired! ;-)

Anonymous said...

i love popcorn as an evening snack
and otherwise something sweet-a little bit of ice cream or a cookie or whatever

or just wine. which i suppose isn't quite a snack...

Yelena said...

I've taken tests and classes that I thought I failed and ended up doing decently. Good job on passing your test!

I eat dinner pretty late, so my snack is usually fruit if I am good or a square of chocolate most times.

Anonymous said...

that is crazy about the tests!!
every night i have a 100 cal pack of kettle korn, and vanilla yogurt+PB :)

Anonymous said...

Cheer up madam. You did fine! Is the Amazing Grass REALLY good? my fave snack is oikos ANYTHING yogurt.

Anonymous said...

I'm usually not a huge night snacker, but if I do, it's typically popcorn. I hate when my camera eats my pictures!

Anonymous said...

So glad your test went well, you brain box :-)
I can snack on many things on a night. Leftovers, fruit, cereal, yogurt, toast (not all at once though)

Taylor

Low said...

Congrats girl! Great job :)

Fresh Local and Best said...

I think eating Chinese food with chopsticks makes it taste better too. My typical coffee order everyday is just the plain latte. Although for this time of year, I love the pumpkin spiced lattes at Starbucks!