Monday, November 9, 2009

Good evening peeps! I hope you all had good Mondays back at the daily grind. Before I get to my eats from today, last night I had a Green Monster:



This guy had 1 cup of unsweetened almond breeze, 3 giant handfuls of spinach, a banana, a scoop of amazing grass, and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Delish!

This morning I wanted even more green nutrients, so I made another GM with almond breeze, 1 T almond butter, 1 T amazing grass, and a banana:



I swear these guys are going to help ward off all illnesses this winter. They are my elixir.

On the way to work I also had a cup of coffee, and one of these:



(Don't mind the chipped nail polish - it's sexy).

Lunch was my fave frozen entrée:



And a babybel cheese.

For an afternoon snack I had some source vanilla yogurt topped with blueberries:



Dinner was one of my favourite meals - stuffed pasta shells.

You brown some Italian sausage meat (you can squeeze it out of the sausages or buy it in a package) with some green pepper and onion:



While the meat is browning, you cook the jumbo pasta shells:



Once the meat is cooked, you add ricotta cheese, and some shredded parm (we didn't have Parmesan cheese, so I used Irish Stout Cheddar, which basically tastes like regular cheddar, but looks way cooler):



Heck, why not toss in some chopped spinach too:



Stir it up: (little darlin' stir it up)



Stuff those shells and top them with a red pasta sauce and more Irish Stout Cheddar (heck yeah):



Then gobble them up. This is my portion:



Of course, for the hubby there just weren't enough carbs in this pasta dish ... so he had some toast too (he is a rebel like that):



Pasta is probably one of my favourite things to cook, and I probably have more experience with making pasta dishes than any other kind of dish. I absolutely LOVE pasta.

What is your favourite pasta dish?

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yummy those stuffed shells look amazing! I don't eat much pasta...I would kill to have the authetic italian style pasta ;)

and p.s I had a green shake for bfast and lunch today...elixer= heck yes!

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome and very doable for a weekday, quick meal. Thanks for sharing. My favorite pasta dish to make at home is definitely lasagna with many of the same ingredients: ricotta, spinach, tomato sauce, and meat if I am in the mood. I someitmes add eggplant and zuccini for more veggies. It is sooo good!

Anonymous said...

mmm that pasta looks good!
i love spicy tomato sauce on my pasta-most things with that are a favorite!

and your cheese does look cooler than normal cheddar :-)

Anais said...

I don't think I've ever made (or had) stuffed pasta shells! Guess I should give them a try :P I think my fave pasta meal is mac and cheese. And I don't want it with anything else - it's my "not healthy" meal and I just try to have lots of veggies at lunch or dinner :P

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge pasta eater, but I do LOVE spinach lasagna!

Amber said...

I LOVE pasta, too! I like cheese-stufffed tortellini or ravioli and seafood pasta the best I think. But really, I can eat almost any kind of pasta with almost any kind of sauce and totally enjoy it! YUM!

That pasta you made looks SUPER yummy, too!

Sophia said...

Your shells look SOOO good! I don't think I've ever had shells before.
My favorite pasta dish is something with gnocchi, preferably with CHEESE!

Simply Life said...

Oh your stuffed shells look great! I love any pasta dish with a red sauce :)

Anonymous said...

I do love lasagne, but don't have it that often and when I do it's a frozen one not homemade.

Taylor

Anonymous said...

Stuffed shells are some amazing stuff! I would like some of yours, please :)

Unknown said...

That pasta looks soooooooooo good... Makes me wish I could have yummy delicious cheese!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for making my mouth water this morning!! :)

Low said...

Love green monsters! That pasta looks awesome!

Yelena said...

I've made shells once and they were pretty good, but your dish looks better! I am not huge on pasta, but I love some Japanese soba noodles (buckwheat)and veggie lasagna is good too!