Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today feels like Saturday!

Sorry no post yesterday ... I am a bad blogger :-(

Here is my recap from yesterday:

It was the MOST beautiful day in Saskatchewan! For November 10th, I could not believe that I was walking around outside in the afternoon without a coat. Absolutely lovely!

My breakfast was some oats topped with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips, a banana and a T of almond butter. I made the oats with 1/2 cup quick oats and 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze:



Lunch was leftover stuffed shells:



A fruit cup:



And source vanilla yogurt topped with blueberries:



After work I went straight to the university for a couple hours to talk stats with my advisor. I found some very interesting and unexpected results in my study. Now it is time to start writing!

After working at the U, I came home and quickly got ready for dinner. We were meeting friends at The Bushwakker. I ordered the tequila lime chicken wrap with fries and gravy:



I ate half the fries. I also had a beer:



After dinner we went to a concert at a local club. I had 2 more beer throughout the course of the night. Ahhhh, gotta love holidays in the middle of the week!

Since it is a Holiday in Canada (Remembrance Day) I get the day off! I have to finish report cards though, and study for a test that I have on Monday ... but it will be nice to be able to have the whole day to do these things, and not worry about work too.

Breakfast this morning was oats again, this time made with 1/2 cup coffee, 1/2 cup vanilla almond breeze, 1/2 cup oats, a big scoop of peanut butter, and 1 banana:



Is today a holiday where you live too? What are your plans for the day?

13 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your holiday!! I have classes today :(

Anonymous said...

It is a holiday here- Veteran's Day- but I am working because I am taking off next Monday to go to Chicago. It will be worth it when I have a vacation day that doesnt count as one!

Anonymous said...

I just happened to have the day off today so my boyfriend and I are taking full advantage and having a lazy day together! also, your breakfast looks wonderful!

Anais said...

Woah, your oats (most of all in the first pic) look BEAUTIFUL! It's like a work of art :P

I was outside without a coat too!! I couldn't believe it! And today we have the windows open... So. weird.

Anonymous said...

it's veteran's day in the states... although lots of people still have to work...
thankfully the fiance works for the state, so he gets it off! yay for that

Joy of Food said...

It's Remembrance Day here too, but we don't get the day off. We do have a minute's silence at 11:00 to remember and wear red poppies.

Taylo

Simply Life said...

Wow that is just the most beautiful bowl of oats!

Low said...

I was off work today and it definitely felt like Saturday! It was fun! That wrap looks yummy!

Amber said...

Yes it was a holiday from work and school today for me, so I took tomorrow and Friday off too and came home! Yay!

Your bowls of oats always look SO pretty! I'm jealous, haha!

Yelena said...

Yep, it's Veteran's Day here and I wasn't off, but I took the day off. I love the way your oatmeal looks- so beautifully presented!

Devan said...

okay, yum. your coffee oats look tastey!!

It was crazy busy today for some reason, being a holiday and all. Beautiful day in BC too!

Anonymous said...

ahh i have classes today :( your oatmeal really is beautiful and looks darn tasty

Sophia said...

I THINK today was a holiday. I wouldn't know, because I still had classes. Boo!

Oh, your bowl of oats always look like a piece of art!! Love them!