Tuesday, July 27, 2010


G

ood morning peeps!

I have been getting up earlier lately and have been feeling great. If I get out of bed when I am still a little tired and could easily stay in bed longer, I actually feel better all day. Today I was up at 8:15 - pretty good for being on holidays I think!

I made a beautiful breakfast this morning - brownie batter, berry soft serve VOO.

Brownie Batter VOO (smaller batch)

- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 scoop chia seeds
- 1 tsp cocoa

Mix together in a bowl and put in fridge overnight (or for a couple hours)

Berry Soft Serve

- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- 2 T Almond Breeze (more as need to reach consistency)

Mix in Vita-Mix or Food Processor









My breakfast yesterday was baked eggs with veggies and fresh squeezed grapefruit juice:





Lunch yesterday was a Green Monster (2 handfuls spinach, 1 cup almond breeze, 1 pack amazing grass, 1 banana, 1 T PB):



Later in the afternoon I had some yogurt with pineapple, coconut, hazelnuts, and choc. chips:



Dinner was salmon and mushroom risotto:





The risotto was SO good!! I am going to have the leftovers for lunch today.

This evening we are having some friends over for a BBQ. I am going to spend the day shopping for food, and preparing things for tonight. I will blog about it tomorrow morning.

Other things on the agenda for this week:

Wednesday - Major office organization and CD organization
Thursday - Organize recipes and pack
Friday - Off to Calgary for the weekend!
Sunday - HUBBY DOING HALF-IRONMAN race in Calgary!!!!

What is on your agenda for the week?

Check out Kat's blog - She is doing a $40 CSN Store Giveaway!

23 comments:

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday said...

Ooh half ironman! Very impressive.

Kat said...

Oh yum yum yum!! Overnight oats are making my mouth water!! My agenda this week is hang with my sissy and toby (and work). We have a bunch of new recipes to try, so I am really excited about that!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your husband is a rock star!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

YUM!!! :D

Heather said...

That banana soft serve looks divine!!

I'm going to cheer on 4 of my aunts who are walking in the 60 mile breast cancer walk this weekend. Should be fun!

Kacy said...

Hmmm, I have a facial Thursday and two more runs this week. Maybe a get-together Saturday night. Pretty routine though.

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

That breakfast always looks so good. Sounds like a busy week - and wow, a half ironman?? I'm trying to get myself packed and ready for my trip to the Cathe Road Trip in NJ then the hubby and I will enjoy a couple of days in Philly. So much to do and so little time.

Unknown said...

wow !!! it all looks amazing !!! Love the pics of your food. I LOVE green monsters! I have heard of this amazing grass.. Where do you get it ??

Found you on another blog I follow.. Would love to follow you now.

Have a great day!

Kelly
Journey to a New Me
www.anewmejouurney.blogspot.com

Yelena said...

Wow! I didn't realize your hubby was such an athlete- how awesome!

Your soft serve looks awesome. I am catching up on your blog- I missed your posts!

ElleBee said...

Hey - I've been reading your blog for a while now so I just wanted to delurk and say hi! :)

That baked egg looks delish!

Amber said...

Half Ironman? That is so impressive!! I had no idea since you haven't really mentioned hubby's training much. I'm guessing it's pretty intense to train for?

Have fun! Calgary is great, I love it there!!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman said...

Oooh, I love organizing. Good luck with yours!

And that risotto looks so so good. I never make it because it takes a while, but I love it.

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

My week is pretty low key:) I plan on working some more on my cookbook proposal!

Anonymous said...

you have a full week lady! Take pics of the hubs in action girl! And have fun!

Anonymous said...

The hubby and I are trying to finish up the baby's room. I'm gonna have to try that berry and banana soft serve. It looks awesome!

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said...

I finally made a good bowl of softserve..it didn't look as gorgeous as yours but it was sooo good! I need some bananas ASAP. I have a blogger meet-up tonight and hopefully a baseball game this weekend.

Devan said...

Your berry soft serve looks SO creamy and delicious! yummmm!
you should try it with a mango,, and no banana.. and pro powder? Hmmm.. (ideas popping into mind) haha

eatmovelove said...

Wow amazing eats and pics!

...I feel like a pig though ;)

Faith @ LovelyAsCharged said...

All of that looks so incredible! Parfaits are always gorgeous and so filling...complete love! I'll be so bummed when berries go out of season and up in price :/

Anonymous said...

you kill me with your awesome oats and soft serve creations! why why why haven't i tried this yet?

sophia said...

I'm meeting up with a reader on Sat...can't wait for that! And as usual, your pictures are stunning, Jolene!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

didnt know you had a vita..i love mine, omg life changing machine 2 yrs ago

the smoothie VOO pics look to die for...yum!!!!

youre an awesome cook, jolene, never really studied your food before but way to go!!! yum!

Angela (the diet book junkie) said...

okay seriously, is that brownie batter your recipe or where did you get such an awesome creation?? :)

have a great time in Calgary! oh how i miss running there....sigh...