Friday, July 9, 2010

Ice Cream for Lunch?



O


n a hot day like today, I didn't feel like anything else!


Homemade "Ice Cream"

Fresh Fruit



Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze



And Ice. Lots of ice.





I have never had something so bizarre for lunch, but it was all I felt like, and it was healthy.

Breakfast was a green monster with 3 handfuls fresh spinach, 1 cup chocolate almond breeze, and 1/2 banana:



I also had 2 eggs with a couple slices of avocado, and hot sauce:



I did the 30 Day Shred again today. Today was my 3rd day in, and it seems to be getting a little bit easier :-) I am still sore though.

My sister and her fiancé came over for dinner this evening. We enjoyed a meal made on our raclette grill (an indoor grill you use at the table). We had steak, shrimp, scallops, loads of veggies, bread, and cheese. I drank a glass of sparkling wine and a beer:











Dessert was mini chocolate fudge brownie sundaes, with homemade chocolate fudge sauce and brownies (ooops, forgot to take a pic!)

Tomorrow the hubby and I are headed out of town to visit my mom for the day. We will be home tomorrow evening.

What is the strangest non-meal type food you have ever had for a "meal"?


14 comments:

Healthy. Happy. Well. said...

That spread looks incredible! Probably some type of green smoothie or protein juice has been the strangest meal, but it's really not that odd I guess. I'm loving that icecream!

Simply Life said...

I think your lunch looks delicious to me! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG...you did it again...i'm drooling at your dinner spread! AHHH. The weirdest "meal" are always those darn protein bars!

Amber said...

Hmmm that fruit ice cream looks amazing!!

Samantha said...

I read the title of your post and there is only one answer to that question: YES.

Kacy said...

Ice cream for lunch is a great idea! Love it!

Faith said...

Never had ice cream for lunch. I need to try it though, it sounds intersting!

Anonymous said...

OMG.... that 'ice cream' looks sooooo good! And its just berries, almond milk and ice?? Crazy!!!!!
Non meal meal of mine.... hmmmmm... diet soda?? haha.... ok not cool. Ummm... I did also used to regularly have a smoothie for every meal of the day..... or just fruit.

sophia said...

I once had 3 McD's soft-serve cones for "lunch". Looks like we're both on the same page! :D

Kelsey Ann said...

its kind of like a thicker smoothie, and since smoothies are great for summer lunches, id say ice cream would be even better!!!! <3

Anonymous said...

I eat "non meal" foods for meals all the times. My most common one is popcorn!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

I consider coffee a non-food and that comprises many meals for me LOL. breakfast = coffee, what can i say

thx for the compliments on my abs :)

xo

Anonymous said...

Strange Non-lunch type meal?
chocolate milk and peanuts
herring and an apple

If I ever remember to put water in my ice cube trays I'll try your soft serve as it looks great for a hot day!

Elizabeth said...

The smoothies look great and the raw ice cream. I would have to make mine w/ home made almond milk though. I eat only raw and living foods.
My strangest meal, to other people, would have to be my seaweed salad on top of kelp noodles. And also the raw salads I have for breakfast.
Peace and Eat More Raw!
Elizabeth