Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bacon Pancake!!!?? Oh no she didn't!


Oooooh yes I did.

And it was the
BEST pancake I have EVER eaten in my life. Ever.

Apple Bacon Pancake

- Make pancake batter (I used an organic whole wheat mix)
- Add cooked bacon (diced up)
- Add grated apple

Make as usual. Eat. Die a little bit because it is SO good.

I had one, and I dipped it in pure maple syrup.



I went out for lunch with some friends to a place called The Free House. I had the 1/2 pizza/salad lunch combo (Mediterranean pizza, and spinach salad):



Later in the afternoon I made a fresh juice and read a book out on my deck. My juice contained 1/2 a golden dew melon, 5 strawberries, and 1 apple:



Dinner was a yellow curry with shrimp and veggies, served on 1/2 cup sticky rice:







I had a kids size mango frozen yogurt cone for dessert.

Time for bed - I have to get up at 4 a.m. tomorrow - I will blog tomorrow night from Calgary!

Have you ever added anything to your pancake mix?
Berries? Bananas? Apples? Bacon?


When I was younger my dad used to occasionally add corn to pancakes if we had leftover corn to use up - it was NASTY. If you are reading this dad - Corn pancakes taste like vomit. I still have nightmares about them. :-) Love you.

16 comments:

:Deliciously Healthy said...

LOL! I bet those pancakes are really good! You go girl! ;)

Becca said...

My Oma used to make pancakes with bacon all the time growing up. My Opa adored them. She also made cherry pancakes with sour cherries picked right off the tree in their yard. Sprinkle a little sugar over those babies when they are still warm.. perfection.

I was way more fond of her potato pancakes though - now those are killer.

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman said...

That sounds like a pancake my husband would love. I really like apples in pancakes. I put diced ones right on top so they slightly sink in when I flip, then get all nice and crispy when heated. So good. Then again, so are classic blueberry pancakes.

ElleBee said...

Ok, I am SO making apple bacon pancakes for breakfast tomorrow! YUM! I always add fruit or chocolate chips to mine but never thought to add bacon.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday said...

I add apples or bananas or blueberries or chocolate chips. I usually add cinnamon and cloves or nutmeg. But I've never added bacon. It sounds like it would be good (I mean, doesn't bacon make everything taste good?)

Simply Life said...

i love adding fruit to my pancakes! those look delicious!

Alanna said...

You are officially a pancake genius in my books :)

~ Diana ~ said...

I always add chocolate chips when I was young...bacon? I've only had it at restaurants...and I love the combo of the sweet with salty! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love the bacon pancake idea!! It sounds awesome! I usually add chocolate chips to my pancake mix. It rocks :)

Kat said...

I love love love pancakes, and have made quite a few variations. Ive made them with spinach, cottage cheese, protein powder and even ricotta. No bacon for me though!! I have made choco chip for the hubby of course!! ;)

Christina said...

your curry looks so good! i always add something to my pancake mix. it's usually blueberries or banana. strawberries are weird bc they burn...and oh apples are so good!

Kacy said...

I kind of like the sound of corn pancakes, haha. I add coconut to them.

Unknown said...

you are simply brilliant my dear!! :)

Have fun in Cowtown!!

Sarah B. said...

I love adding chocolate chips and bananas to pancakes.

My babysitter used to add corn to pancakes and you're right, they are nasty. I used to dread corn pancake day.

Losing in the City said...

so, bacon and pancake huh? i might have to try this.. i love bananas in my pancake.. i have used chocolate chips when making pancakes for my nieces and nephews :-)

Yelena said...

Haha! I bet you will start a new trend with the bacon :)

I add fruit and always pump things up with flax, chia, or hemp seeds.

Hope you have a great trip!