Monday, August 10, 2009

My breakfast kept me full ALL morning and by 2:00 I still wasn't hungry! Crazy - that is not typical :-) I decided I should eat something so that I wouldn't be starving by 3 or 4 and ruin my appetite for dinner. I had about 3/4 cup Source Vanilla Yogurt (it only has 4 grams of sugar per serving, which is the best I have seen for a flavored yogurt by faaaarrr). I added a small sliced banana, about 1/2 tsp shredded coconut, and one chopped pineapple ring. It was excellent, and should keep me satisfied until dinner.

(So I guess this was lunch today)

I worked out this afternoon with Leslie Sansone's 3 Mile DVD workout (4.8 km for all my fellow Canadians). I LOVE her workouts! I personally believe that walking is one of the healthiest things a person can do, and the BEST possible exercise to maintain good health. BUT, a regular walk around the block doesn't really get the sweat flowing - and the DVD walks DO!! I always feel like I have a good work out after doing one of the walking DVDs. I have the 1, 2, 3, and 4 mile walk DVDs, and have used them all numerous times. I also have the walk and jog one, and LOVE it too! Leslie Sansone uses 4 main steps (walking in place, kicks, sidesteps, and knee lifts). You also do arm exercises. I am not a runner, so I find that this gives me the best workout and uses my muscles in all sorts of crazy ways :-) Of course I surely look silly doing all the crazy walking moves, but I close the blinds and get sweaty anyway!! I highly recommend these DVDs to anyone who doesn't enjoy running, but still wants some cardio in their life :-)

No comments: