Friday, August 7, 2009

Another Rainy Day

This morning I woke up with a headache and looked outside to see that it was raining - I knew it was going to be a lazy day around the house :-(

For breakfast I had egg in a hole (something we used to always eat while camping when I was a kid). Once slice of bread (both sides buttered) with a hole taken out of the middle. I put it in a pan hot pan and let it fry for 20 second or so, then crack an egg into the hole. After it is browned and the egg is slightly firm I flip it. The egg was still runny, but the bread was crisp - so good! (sorry no pic).

I was so happy with my roasted veggies last night that I had the same thing for lunch! I wanted a light lunch because I will probably be eating crap at the Folk Festival tonight (a music festival in the park). I added half a sliced Mennonite sausage to add a little protein.

Hubby and I made a cake last night for his sister's friend (going away party). I wrote on that today, but here is what the cake looked like before I wrote on it.

Not our best cake ever, but we were really busy last night, so this is what we came up with. It is a super moist white cake, with chocolate and white (dyed blue) icing.

I LOVE making cakes, but I need to take my time and really put my best effort in for them to turn out really well. Some different cakes I made include: elmo, domo kun, football, guiness beer. I am going to help my best bud make a cake for a wedding this summer - that one will take some time and careful attention! We are going to try using Fondant for the first time!

Have you ever used fondant? Is it hard to work with? Tips?

No comments: