Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nom, nom, nom.


(1/2 cup almond breeze, 1/2 cup coffee, 1/2 cup quick oats, 1 mashed banana, almond butter, sprinkle of coconut, and 4 macaroon chocolates). The right way to start the morning!

By 10:00 this morning I had a killer headache. I rubbed my temples while trying to convince twenty-six 13 year olds that working quietly is the new awesome.

They were easily duped.

When the Advil finally kicked in around 1:00, I must have given off a "she's back" vibe, because pretty quickly annoying the teacher and trying to give her another headache were the new awesome.

Lunch was leftover stir fry, an orange, and some cheese:


(Not too pretty, but tasty nonetheless).

I went to a meeting after work, and then came home to make Italian sausages (from a wonderful local Italian deli) and brown rice topped with pico de gallo:



The Italian sausages were the best I have ever had.

I am going to make myself a Green Monster, and watch Grey's with the man.

Do you get headaches? How often? What causes them? What is your remedy?

I used to get headaches all the time, but now I get about one a month - a bad one. I get nauseated, and often throw up. As much as I hate to take medication, I do for headaches because otherwise I would have no life for at least a day. I have no idea what causes them, but I think it may be when things in my life are out of balance (sleep, diet, etc.).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i get headaches when i'm hungry or EXTRA tired. or i stare at the computer too long. remedy? peanut butter. just kidding. mostly i just take a nap and drink tons of water.

sheila said...

hi there! wow your oats looks yummy!!! need to try that out soon!

I use to get headaches a lot but they were mainly tension headaches. I don't get 'em anymore, maybe it's because I stopped stressing out so much about every little thing. Excedrin tension headache medicine helped a lot when I got them. I don't know if you ever tried 'em.

Anonymous said...

I get them RARELYYY. If you get yours once it month it might be hormonal? Maybe stress? I take advil if i REALLY have to. Even though I give people drugs all day I HATE to take them myself!

Shannon said...

I got headaches a lot early in my pregnancy. Usually coinciding with a summer storm moving into the region. I usually take advil for headaches but tylenol is the recommended drug remedy for pregnant women, so I switched for the pregnancy. Napping or taking a coolish shower usually also helps me.

Simply Life said...

wow now that looks like a fun way to start the day!

Anonymous said...

I get headaches every once in a while. I'm not sure what causes them, but Advil is my friend when I feel a headache coming on.

Kacy said...

I've always struggled with headaches. Back in high school was when it was the worst. I'd have them almost every day. But I've grown out of it now for the most part and like you only get like one really bad one a month - but they are BAD. I also usually get a really big headache right after finishing something stressful, like during finals or handing in a big project at work. I'm always glad that it waits until I'm done at least, haha.

Alaina said...

I typically get headaches when I do not drink enough water and then exercise. Running seems to be particularly bad for causing them. I generally put some sort of cold compress on my head and try to go to sleep. Coffee sometimes helps too because of the caffine.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Your oats look amazing!!

I'm so sorry about your headaches :/ I get them a LOT. The doctor has no idea why. When i'm stressed, hungry, you name it... it causes me a headache. And it's ok to take meds... sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Amber said...

I get headaches if I don't drink enough coffee in the morning. Terrible, I know. But I can tell if I haven't had enough of a caffeine fix for the day because the headache will set in around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. NOT cool! Haha

Anonymous said...

I suffer from migraines which often make me sick. Do you get an aura or flickering or lights in your sight before the headache? I get them very rarely now, but have never known what caused them. My only remedy is taking medication and staying in bed.

Taylor

Nicci said...

Yes constant headaches months ago. It was due to stress and lack of sleep too. I'm now headache free for couple months.