Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Packages in the Mail!

T



hank you to Navitas Naturals for sending me these goodies to try out! I will be posting a review soon. I am especially excited to try the Hemp Cacao Maca Twister Powder!



Another BIG thank you to the people at Crofter's Organic for sending me these Superfruit Spreads that are made with organic, fair trade sugar.









I look forward to trying and reviewing all of these products within the next week.

I was so excited yesterday when I found Greek yogurt at the grocery store! I had never (until today) tried Greek yogurt. For breakfast this morning I scooped about 2/3 of a cup into a bowl, and topped it with honey:



Then I put 2/3 of a cup of granola on top:





As weird as this is, I am not a huge fan of Greek yogurt. It is too thick for me. I prefer a runnier yogurt - Source Vanilla Yogurt is still my fave. I will eat the container up, but I doubt I will buy it again.

Do you like Greek yogurt? Do you eat it plain or in/on something?

This morning at work I had 1/2 a donut. I hate when there are donuts in the staffroom. I don't even really like them, but the peer pressure gets to me :-)

Lunch was leftover Mexican casserole - as good as this stuff is, I am getting tired of it after eating it 3 times in a week!



I supplemented my lunch with some strawberries and cheese:





I had an oatmeal, raisin cookie too.

Dinner tonight was leftovers from last night (this BIG Cook thing leaves me with TOO much leftover food!!!). I had leftover sweet and sour pork with brown rice and hot sauce:



I felt like fruit this evening so my snack was a grapefruit and a banana topped with almond butter and coconut:





I just finished writing a science test for my lovelies ... and I also wrote out valentines for each of them. Thirteen and fourteen year olds are NOT too old for valentines ...

These are the ones for the girls:



And these are for the boys:



I will be giving these out tomorrow as it is the last day before our 5 day weekend!

Do you give out valentines? Do you celebrate valentine's day? What do you do?

Don't forget to enter my "Things I LOVE" Giveaway.

The Contest closes at 5:00 pm on Valentine's Day.

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

ohhh you know I love my greek yogurt lol :P
I also love crofters jam!

I have navita's naturals maca and cacao powders...they work great in smoothies :)
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you finally found greek yogurt and didn't like it. :( It takes awhile to get use to the sour taste but if you add yummy toppings, it taste like icecream! Can't wait for your reviews!I posted a link to your giveaway!

Anonymous said...

This Valentine's Day will be the first with my Boyfriend and I don't know what we're doing yet. I never really bothered with it before, but I will this year :)

Taylor

Amber said...

I am yet to win a giveaway! Haha, maybe I'll win yours!

I sent out V-day cards to some friends and blog friends for the first time this year! It was fun!

Anonymous said...

Funny thing about jam jars like those - they make great funky little drinking glasses! Once you're done with the spread, peel the label and clean it up good. We did it all the time growing up and I loved it! It would be even better if the bear was on the jar itself, but alas, the idea here is to reuse!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

When I first tried greek yogurt, I totally wasn't a fan. But slowly it has grown on me and now I can't stomach regular yogurt at all!

I love Valentine's Day. My husband and I have nothing planned yet but I hope to work out something soon!

Anonymous said...

one year i was a tutor at an elementary school, and worked in SIX classrooms. plus i ran some clubs. Each room and all my clubs got me valentines-which meant i had to get all of them valentines! eek.

we're going on a trip for valentines day since it's a long weekend-i'm excited!

Kacy said...

It actually took me quite a while to actually like greek yogurt. But now I really do! It's an amazing protein source for me since I rarely eat meat. But I have to agree that runny yogurt is easier to stomach!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

Those Valentines are awesome...

Great fun products to test out too.. yay you! Can't wait to hear the reviews!!

xo Jess

Anais said...

I absolutely ADORE Crofter's jams. If I don't have that one, I would just rather not have any. Enjoy them!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Aww that's so cute about the valentine's! We usually give some to our kids at work too (though they are quite younger haha).
And I LOVE Greek Yogurt, Omg. that stuff is like crack to me. To each his own though :D

Anonymous said...

Ah - I want that casserole -I have an obsession with cheese ;)...I love your Blog! I'm always reading - but can't comment from my computer @ home :(...sucks. (Darn Blogspot stuff...)

Anonymous said...

DOMO IS AWESOME!!!!!! do you have apicture of the domo cake!?!??!!

Anonymous said...

The hubby and I are still trying to figure out what to do for valentine's day. I can't believe it's this weekend already!

Yelena said...

I love greek yogurt, but I also love some of the European style runny yogurts. Sometimes Greek is a little too thick for me too!

I love the Valentines for the kids- too cute! I'm also loving the packages- good score there!

I don't have plans for V-day. I'm a fan of doing something random like a walk and sushi in the middle of the day and calling it a celebration!

Thanks again for all your lovely comments!