2) On Friday night we went out with pals to Industrial Park Cafe, a hidden gem restaurant in town. We had the all-you-can-eat tacos ($10). You can dish out your own toppings into hard or soft taco shells, or into small bags of Doritos! I've heard that this place has incredible fries, gravy, and wings, so we'll definitely be back to try those.
3) My typical breakfast for the past week or so has been cottage cheese with fruit. Christopher has the same breakfast nearly every workday morning - tea, coconut water, and 1/2 a pomegranate.
4) Exactly one month from today we'll be on Honeymoon Part 2 in NY! We're going to see Book of Mormon on Broadway, and cannot wait!
5) We had a strange breakfast on the weekend. We shared a giant bowl of potatoes, some oranges, and yogurt.
6) When we wrote our own vows, I promised to make Christopher desserts. He's requesting this one.
7) The kind people at Popcorn, Indiana sent me some popcorn to try free-of-charge.
So far we've tried the FIT popcorn, and were very impressed. For a couple who orders our salty movie theatre popcorn with extra topping, I didn't think this healthier popcorn would be satisfying, but it was really good!
8) The pico de gallo addiction in our home has become out-of-control; we are absolutely hooked. It is so fresh, and full of healthy raw onion, cilantro, jalapenos and tomato ... add some fresh lime juice and salt, and it's a bowl of perfection. The trick to great pico is equal parts onion/tomato/cilantro.
9) We cooked up a turkey dinner last night. I had picked up a really cheap pre-stuffed turkey after Christmas, and I was surprised by how good the stuffing was, and how much of it was in the bird! We threw some quartered potatoes around the turkey, and cooked those in there too. We served that all with steamed broccoli and a homemade mushroom gravy.
10) We made turkey stock after for a new recipe that we created last night - coming soon!
How has your week started out?
Do you have any trips coming up?