Thursday, February 18, 2010

Busy Thursday!!

This post is going to be short and sweet because it is past my bedtime!! I have had a really busy evening, visiting my SIL in the hospital (she had her gallbladder removed!) and running errands. I had a great day at work though, and cannot believe that tomorrow is Friday already!!

Today was all about cravings. I was craving nutrients this morning.
I am weird like that.

I made a potent GREEN monster with 3 cups spinach (steamed), 1 cup almond breeze, 1 scoop chia seeds, 1 pack Amazing Grass wheat grass, 1 T almond butter, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt. It was protein rich and high in nutrients:



I also had my usual morning java:



Lunch was leftover chicken chow mein that I made last night. Someone asked if it was homemade, and yes, it was. I also had an orange and some cheese:



And I had about 6 or 7 chips with salsa at work. It is teacher's appreciation week this week, so we are loaded up with goodies!

I had b-ball game to coach after work (we are 4 and 0!!!) and only a few minutes to eat dinner after the game. We had some boxed asparagus soup:



And a grilled pear and cheese sandwich with dubliner cheese, and an Irish stout cheese:



I love adding pear or apple to grilled cheese!

After all our running around this evening I was craving protein! I had 2 scrambled eggs with Sriracha hot sauce - the world's greatest hot sauce:



I am loving the questions that are coming in on my "Ask Me Anything" feature! Keep 'em coming and I will do a couple Q and A posts this weekend!!

I am VERY excited to be going out tomorrow night to celebrate my good friend Alaina's b-day!!!
We are having dinner at a restaurant called Teppenyaki, and then going out dancing. I have another b-day party at a friend's house Saturday night.

What do you have planned for the weekend?

14 comments:

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

i have a similar coffee pot by cuisinart EXCEPT mine has a lever you press down not the actual carafe to dispense the coffee. but i love my coffeemmaker!

Sook said...

Ooh all the food looks great!

Anonymous said...

I put Sriracha on everything! It gives just the right kick. I hope your sister in law is feeling better.

No big plans for the weekend, but I am running a 4 mile race tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

OMG. I've never had a sandwich with fruit inside before. I can't show my bf that pic of your sandwich..he's been wanting me to make him a grilled cheese sandwich for weeks..tee hee. Have fun this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Pears and cheese-now that sounds great! I'm hanging out with my nephew this weekend-it's his first birthday!

Anonymous said...

I love going out to birthday dinners that aren't my own! They're celebratory, but there's no pressure on you because all of the attention is on someone else.

You certainly are an "everyday foodie," my friend. Even the simple things you eat are so creative, and you appreciate the complexities of different ingredients (i.e. - how good cheese can completely elevate a sandwich). I love reading about your eats.

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said...

Oh my god, grilled cheese with pear?? Yummm. Melty sweet heaven. Thanks for the idea!

Kacy said...

Glad you had a good day! That sandwich looks unreal!

I have a beer tasting AND a wine tasting this weekend, haha. Should be fun!

Have fun at your parties!

Anais said...

I tried your Amazing Superfood this morning and I was quite pleased with it! I of course started with the chocolate one :P

This week-end I'm going to a New Orleans restaurant, brunch with a friend, mini-date and hopefully I'll be seeing valentine's day! :)

Allison said...

Yum!
I need to get back on the Green Monster band wagon, I fell off and it kept going along without me!
this weekend I think will be pretty chill, going to attempt some 'spinach and cottage cheese' perogies. yum! and this afternoon i am going out for lunch with my sister and auntie, both i haven't seen in a few months!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend in store for you!!!
Sometimes I crave nutrients too, which is never a bad things. And I love adding greek yogurt to green monsters... makes them so thick and adds protein!!

sophia said...

I love adding apple and pears into grilled cheese sandwiches, too! The sweet + savory combo works so incredibly well!

Jenna said...

Grilled Pear with Goat Cheese is decadence!!

emily said...

Pear and Dubliner cheese would make such a yummy sandwich. That pictures just screams tasty!