Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nephew's 3rd B-Day and Great Eats

H


appy 3rd Birthday to my little buddy Giovanni!!



And happy hump-day to the rest of you :-) 2 more days 'til the weekend!

I tried Angela's breakfast carrot "cake" this morning (it is essentially almonds, oats, almond milk, banana, spices and carrots all blended up). This is what it looked like before cooking:



And after (with some walnuts and almond butter on top):







Twas good ... but I think it needed something cool on top - like vanilla yogurt perhaps.

Lunch was leftover spaghetti and chicken meatballs:



I also had an orange and a piece of cheese.

I dropped off my grad school application after work today!!
1 step closer to accomplishing one of my 10 in 2010 goals!

How are your new years resolutions/ goals coming along?

For dinner I made a tofu and veggie stir fry:







This evening we went to my sister's place to give Gio his presents and have some cake. I passed on cake, and ate some of my sister's bruschetta instead:



Wowzers! I had 2. So much better than cake could ever be.

I much prefer salty and savoury to sweet.

What about you? What would you choose, cake or bruschetta? Or both?

My nephew was jumping up and down when we came in, cheering "I'm 3 now!!!!!" He is so precious it hurts. He woke up this morning and expected to be bigger :-)

This evening I juiced an apple, pear, grapefruit and red pepper:



I am getting pretty good at choosing the right amount of produce to fill a glass perfectly!

Mmmm, mmmm!

G'nite.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is ADORABLE. When will it be time for you to have a little one ;) Good luck on grad school!! Breakfast looked good! BTW I can't say no to sweets. I CAN NOT. It's a problem

Simply Life said...

yum! that stir-fry looks like it came right from a restaurant!

Alaina said...

We had stirfry last night too! OMG!! But chicken not tofu. I am in agreement with you: savoury is where it's at. I would have gone for the bruschetta too - looks delish.

By the way, I also want to know when it will be time for you to have a little one? You've been married the longest so you are first!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your nephew!!

Amber said...

Awww your nephew is SO CUTE! I'm yet to try those breakfast cakes, but I've been meaning to!

Yelena said...

Aww! Happy Birthday Gio! I love that he's blowing out his candles on a Superman cake with an action figure in his hand- so cute!

I am a sweet girl all the way. I wish I wasn't, but I have gotten better about it!

The Healthy Apple said...

I love your breakfast cake...looks delish..what an adorable nephew and such a cute birthday cake!

Kacy said...

I probably would have had both, haha.

Happy B-day Giovanni!

sophia said...

bruschetta, of course. I don't like cake at all. But is your nephew's cake Spider-Man? hee! Happy birthday to him!

Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) said...

Beautiful stir fry dish, I love all those veggie! YUM!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'd choose bruschetta everytime, I'm not much of a sweet tooth person.
I quite forgot about my New Year's resolutions. I've kept up with a couple of them, but thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna attempt a few more of them.

Taylor

Anonymous said...

That bowl of oats sounds muy yummers! And I would choose the cake, because I dislike tomatoes :)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Congrats on the application!! Big step!

And I would've chosen a little of both. I'm a cake freak. Love it. So I couldn't pass it up..
And my goals are going well!!!

Yummy dinner!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

what kind of juicer do you have!!??

I really enjoyed that carrot breaky too!! So much so, I'm out of carrots! hehe :)