Tuesday, February 2, 2010

J


am listening to some great tunes right now, and this girl seriously gets me every time. Her voice is like an angel.





Beautiful.

Happy Groundhog day! I cannot believe that darned groundhog saw his shadow - I am SO over winter. 6 more weeks. Let's hope they are mild winter days.

Breakfast this morning was a piece of French toast and an apple with almond butter:



For lunch I tried one of these burritos that I picked up at Costco on the weekend:



It was really good! Isn't everything from Costco!!?

I had cheese too:



Dinner tonight featured this cool cat:



Spaghetti and Chicken Meatballs

- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Romano (or Parmesan) cheese
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- pepper/ garlic powder/ basil/ chilis to taste

Directions:
- Mix the chicken, egg, oats, garlic, oregano, and salt. Form into balls and brown.
- Saute onion. Add sauce, tomatoes, and spices. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and simmer 20 minutes.

Serve over spaghetti. I used Spelt pasta.







I love chicken meatballs ... I think even more than beef ones.

Dessert was fruit:



I am totally listen to old school music right now ... TLC, Salt n Pepa etc. :-) Love it!

What is your favourite "old school" song?

C'mon, reminisce about those grade 8 days ...

16 comments:

Amber said...

GRAPEFRUIT! I knew there was something I wanted to pick up at the store tonight but totally forgot about! Dang it!! Haha

Haleigh said...

Spaghetti and meatballs was one of my favorites growing up. Hhmm, old school song... Let's go really old school and say anything by Queen.

Anonymous said...

Mmm..SPAGETTIII....Mmmm....I use to be obsessed with Hanson..like OBSESSED. It was disturbing

Simply Life said...

oh that french toast looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

The spaghetti and chicken meatballs look so good! I used to love the song Runaway by Real McCoy. I can't believe I just admitted that!

Jessica@Dairy Freey Betty said...

I love allison crowe - I've seen her in concert a few times ... her Christmas shows are amazing!! :)

Your meal looks fantastic!!! as always!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans said...

I still have hanson on my iPod...

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Oh I love spaghetti and meatballs.. they are a classic for a reason!
As for the old school song, I'm all over anything Backstreet Boys!

Kacy said...

I don't want anymore winter either! I'm so over it!

Anonymous said...

I still love hearing an MC Hammer song every now and again. My inner running man goes a little crazy!
Great looking dinner!

Alaina said...

Hmm...hard to beat "Saturday Night" by Whigfield. Boo to the Groundhog! Spring will probably come even later than last year. And when was that...mid-July? Sometimes I wonder why we live in such a crazy climate. But those lovely sunny summer days (when they do come) always make me forget the cold.

Janna (Just Flourishing) said...

From what I can see that Spelt Pasta looks so good! I need to give it a try!

Favorite old school song... I don't even know what I liked. Is Backstreet Boys old school enough? haha.

sophia said...

Wow, her voice is beautiful...you don't come across such good singers nowadays!

Anais said...

Ah, Groundhog Day... always makes me think of the movie :)

Just so you know, seeing the spaghetti and meatballs up there has made me want spaghetti, like, right now. Grrrr!!! (because I don't have the ingredients!)

One of my fave old school songs that I remember is Jump. It was in the Telus commercials and I added it to my running playlist and it was great ;)

Anonymous said...

Ummm...

Mm bop, ba-du-ba-dop ba-du-wop, ba-du-ba-dop, ba-du-wop, ba-du-ba-dop, ba dooooo.

Yelena said...

Oh my goodness- that french toast made me drool! I love old school music. We played a bunch at our wedding, but Sir-Mix-a-Lot made an appearance!

I agree- everything from Costco is good!