Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vacation is BOOKED!

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday! The day went by so fast, it is practically the weekend again :-) Well, not quite. But I am looking forward to the weekend. I have absolutely NOTHING planned ... and after such a jam packed summer, that makes me feel relieved.

This morning I snacked on an apple:


And then for lunch I had 1 turkey/chicken sausage (really good nutritional stats - low calorie) that I bought from Costco ... it had feta and spinach in it I think. And with it I had some plain long grain brown rice:


I also had an unsweetened berry "apple" sauce:


After work I had to run a few errands, and then book a vacation!!! I will be spending New Years in the Dominican Republic with a bunch of friends! I can't wait!

This was supper:

3 ribs, and some spaghetti squash (yum!), and on the side:


A spinach, mushroom, and tomato salad with a little drizzle of fig balsamic dressing.

Now I am headed to the couch to watch Big Brother with the husband :-)

5 comments:

Joy of Food said...

I love your meals, they look so simple and easy, but look so tasty and healthy too. New Year in the Dominican Republic sounds fantastic, my friend went there and loved it. You should have a blast.

Taylor

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day of eats. How do you make your spaghetti squash? It looks really well seasoned!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Hmmm, the hubby made the spaghetti squash, but I think after he scraped it out of the shell, he tossed it with some olive oil, fresh chives, and pepper, and cooked it in a pan for a few minutes. Pretty simple.

Simply Life said...

Oh your lunch sounds great! gosh, I can't believe you just had an apple for breakfast - that's usually just enough to get me even more hungry! ha!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Simply Life - Oh no, check the previous post ... that is where I posted breakfast :-) The apple was my morning snack.