Sunday, September 27, 2009

Comfort Food and a Gloomy Day

Sorry no morning post today - I was slept in and wasn't up until around 11. I had a good time at my friends 70s party last night. Last night I consumed and forgot to snap a picture of:
- 1 small slice of pizza
- a few chips
- 3 glasses red wine and a couple other drinks over the course of the night

This morning (or more like afternoon) ... I drank a Nestea Vitao (Red Tea) drink:

This was probably my favorite of the 3 flavors that I got in the mail. Hubby likes this one the best too. It has the most flavor - the acai blueberry taste was really evident (and natural).

Today it was SO windy that I could hear the wind beating against my house. It was also cool and rainy, and just plain gloomy. All that I wanted to eat was warm comfort food, as I snuggled up on the couch with the hubby and watched TV :-)

For lunch I had good ol' mac and cheese:


In the later afternoon I snacked on 1 slice of turkey meat, and 1 pickle:


For dinner I made some homemade chicken noodle soup. I made the stock a while ago and stuck it in my freezer. Today I just defrosted it, brought it to a boil, and added the noodles. It was JUST perfect!




The hubby asked if I could make some biscuits to go with it, and I said "sure!!"



This is my serving of soup (with some ketchup added in before eating - I know it sounds gross, but it is actually VERY good! It gives the broth a nice tomato flavor. When I met hubby this is what he did, and I thought he was a weirdo - until I tried it!!)



I also had two little biscuits with some margarine:


Delicious comfort food for a cool, rainy day :-)

I was only able to get 1 out of my 3 runs in this week - so I will have to do extra runs this week.

G'nite everyone!

3 comments:

lynn said...

the ketchup in your soup actually sounds pretty good!

Jocelyn said...

mmm homemade soup and biscuits! sounds great to me! It`s rainy here today as well :(

Simply Life said...

Oh yum, that chicken soup looks delicious and so perfect for a chilly day!