Friday, September 18, 2009

Chocolate Covered Almond Oats

Last night I had an idea for breakfast this morning - chocolate covered almond oats! I hopped out of bed earlier than usual today, as I was SO excited to try 'em out!

I made the oats as usual (1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup oats) and then drizzled almond butter on top and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet).

These oats made me appreciate almond butter a little more - I actually might buy it again to make these (I haven't been much of a fan of almond butter up until now).

I also had an apple:


Altogether now ...


Great way to start a day. Not as great as a Green Monster ... but we are out of bananas :-( I will need to do a grocery run after work today. I am really craving a Green Monster. Ah well.

Guess what peeps ... It is FRIDAY!!!! (just thought I'd remind you in case you forgot :-). Haha.

What do you have planned for the weekend?

I don't have a lot planned ... some prep for my GRE test that I write next weekend, and going out with some friends dancing on Saturday!

Have a great Friday everyone!

3 comments:

Alaina said...

Have you ever tried hazlenut butter? I found it had a lot more flavour than almond butter. It is awesome on apples - one of my absolute favourite snacks...

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

No I haven't ... but I will!!!

Simply Life said...

Oooh that looks great! Ha, I think you're right that we were on the same page with our cravings :)