Friday, October 4, 2013

Ham Dinner

On Tuesday we cooked a bone-in ham, which we enjoyed with hash brown casserole and salad.

This casserole is really easy, and I think most people have have some version of this.  Kid's love it, and although it is not healthy, it tastes good!

Hash Brown Casserole

2 lbs frozen hash browns
500 ml sour cream
2 cans mushroom soup
1/2 cup melted butter
1 medium onion, chopped fine
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on top)

Mix first 6 ingredients in a 9x13 casserole dish.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 350 F for 90 minutes.


We broiled the top for about 5 minutes to get it really browned, which added another dimension of flavour.


Then there's the ham ... ooooooooh boy!  I put some apple juice in the bottom of the roaster, rubbed the ham with brown sugar, stuck some cloves in the top, and cooked it for about 90 minutes at 350 F.  It was perfect:


All together now:


Have you made hash brown casserole?  Is your recipe similar?  What are you up to this weekend? 

4 comments:

leahnoelle (http://apolausticsoul-leah.blogspot.ca/) said...

MMMM I WANT. NOW.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh.....YUM! Hashbrown casserole is one of my favs to have with ham...our family recipe is almost exactly the same. I may have to make that this week:)

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I want this meal NOW. And you are right we all have a version of this hash brown casserole and although it is not healthy, I LOVE it and it tastes so good!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have not made hashbrown casserole but I would LOVE it. Especially with some ham. Yum!