Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Easy Chicken Sweet Potato Curry



Chicken Sweet Potato Curry

1 can coconut milk
2 T Thai red curry paste
2 T fish sauce
1 T soy sauce
2 T light brown sugar
1 lb diced sweet potato
1/2 cup toasted cashews
3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
sea salt
1 white onion, diced
2 T dried basil (or fresh)

Spoon out some of the thicker part of the coconut milk (about 3 T) and heat in a pot.  Whisk in the red curry paste, and cook until fragrant and slightly darker.  Add the rest of the coconut milk, the fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and 1 cup of water.  Stir well.  Add the sweet potato and cook about 8 minutes until softened.  Salt the chicken.  Add the chicken and the onion.  Cook about 5 minutes until the chicken is done.

Meanwhile, toast the cashews in a small pot over medium heat until dark in some spots (about 4 minutes).

Toss the cashews and basil into the dish just before serving.


What did you make for dinner last night?

6 comments:

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

we made burritos! But this looks so good! I never think to add sweet potato to my curry!

Cassandre said...

I love Curry.. i didn't cook last night. i had left overs from Sunday :-)

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! We had turkey meatballs last night. It was delicious!

Allysia said...

Yay, it's sweet potato curry time of the year again! I adore sweet potatoes, in curried stews or regular stews, soups, cooked cubes with a little cinnamon and maple syrup for a snack... :) I am missing cashews this month!

Rosey Rebecca said...

This looks so delicious! Can't wait to try!! (meat-free, of course)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! That looks delicious. And what an easy recipe. I am bookmarking this to make next month! I have not cooked a meal in weeks since I Have been traveling so much. But I did make a fresh salad today for my sister, sister-in-law, and I. Which was pretty basic but I did make the dressing with some new pear-cranberry white balsamic and a tuscan olive oil that I bought this weekend which was super yummy!