Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ask Me Anything ...


It's been a while since I did an "Ask Me Anything" feature. Have a (friendly) question for me that you want to ask anonymously? Click here to do so, and I will share some Q and A with you all as the questions come in. Just be sure to click on the anonymous box if you want to remain anonymous!

Did you miss Q and A Part 1? Or Part 2?

Today was a beautiful Wednesday. I had a great day at work, the sun was shining, and life was good. I started my day with a Green Monster (2 giant handfuls spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 T almond butter, 1 pack chocolate Amazing Grass, 1 scoop Hemp/ Cacao/ Maca powder, 1 cup almond breeze):



I had lunch at the Career Fair that I took my class to. I had an egg salad sandwich, 1 piece of cheese, and a couple carrots and an Oreo cookie. I also had a bite or two of chocolate throughout the day.

After work I was haaaaaaaaaaaangry! I ate 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt with chocolate banana granola (thanks again for the granola Diana - I am loving it!!)



This evening I went shopping with some girlfriends. We were picking out a little something, something for a friend's bachelorette party on the weekend! The shower is Saturday afternoon, and then the bachelor and bachelorette parties are in the evening. I can't wait!!

After our shopping we went to Beer Brothers for dinner. I had a pulled pork pizza, and ate most of it.



Tell me about the best wedding shower or bachelorette party you have been to? Best gift you have seen? Best game? If you are married, what did you do for your shower and bachelorette? Do you love these events like me, or do you dread them? Would you ever want to host?

10 comments:

sophia said...

I guess I'm still not at the age where I get invited to bachelorette parties....sure would be fun, but a bit awkward for me! Like, wow, how did my friend suddenly turn from friend to wife of someone?

Pulled pork pizza looks DIVINE!!! OMG!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a bachelorette party. I have been to a bachelor party. The best one was for my brother in law. We went to a strip club and my Dad in less than 1/2 an hour promptly got us kicked out. He said he warned the girl to keep "them" out of his face and when she didn't he licked and we were gone. None of us saw that coming from my DAD!!

Yelena said...

I didn't have a bridal shower because I was not into them. I went out to a bar with a bunch of girls for my bachelorette and had a little dinner 2 night before the wedding with my bridesmaids.

Hope you have lots of fun this weekend!

Simply Life said...

I loved all the wedding events my friends and family planned for me! Ha, it was much nicer to be on the receiving end than the planning side of things :)

Kacy said...

I haven't been to too many bachelorette parties, most of my friends are still single. Sounds fun though!

Anonymous said...

Jolene, I don't know how you stay so thin!! You are always eating such yummilicious meals! I'm sure you portion control but still! :) Anyways I LOVEEE bridal showers and bachelorette parties..only if they are my SUPER close friends though..then I can let loose! Best game for bachelorette party was "dirty" pictionary! Someone had to draw "pull out method"..tmi but hilarious.

Anonymous said...

For my bachelorette party, my girls took me to get manis and pedis and then we went to dinner. It was so much fun!

Kat said...

I am going to my first shower this weekend and am super excited!! My bridal shower was at my apartment with just my close friends. I made a bunch of yummy snacks and we ate and talked for a bit. The game we played was a trivia game. I took lines from all sorts of different love movies and they had to guess the movie. It was SO much fun! My bachelorette party was at a spa. We made a day of it and it was soooo amazing!
I def would LOVE to host one of these things! I think it would be awesome!

eatmovelove said...

Love the pizza. I'm ordering onein now. Screw making one or whatever. Bring on Pizza Pizza.
Like these posts!...I still don't know how people do those GM's...

Kelsey Ann said...

i cant wait to enjoy the whole marriage journey from parties to fun to adventures and honeymoons. seems like such a treat to look forward too!