Sunday, February 21, 2010

Q and A Part 2


If you missed
Q and A Part 1 it can be found here!

The hubby and I almost always spend Sunday's with our families - Breakfast with my family, and dinner with his.

My dad took us to Smitty's this morning. I had 2 poached eggs, some sausage and bacon, and pancakes. I only ate 1/2 a pancake. I also had orange juice and coffee:





We always eat breakfast around 11:30, so we don't eat again until dinner. At dinner we had a lovely roast beef dinner with rutabagas, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, and gravy:









For dessert I had half of this cream puff, and some grapes:



Q and A Part 2

If you had a whole day, money no issue, no work, no obligations what would you do?

This is a tough question!! I think I would have a leisurely breakfast outside somewhere beautiful. Then I would spend the day doing something active and exciting, like white water rafting or zip lining through the jungle. In the evening the hubby and I would have our friends over for an amazing dinner party.

Do you like living in Sask!?

I love living in Saskatchewan because it is a beautiful province, and because my friends and family are here. I really like the prairies, and often feel relived when coming back to the prairies from somewhere more crowded. The one thing I don't like is the cold. It sucks. But the summers in Saskatchewan are absolutely beautiful. Also, the economic situation is good here.

Tell us a bit more about the hubby!

Sure!!!!! The hubby's name is Chris. He is 28 years old, and he works as a Architectural Technologist at a successful Structural Engineering firm. We have been together for 11 years, and married for almost 6!!!

He is my best friend.

He is an amazing man, who is my partner in everything in life.
He is also a good cook and good at cleaning house - bonus!!



He is thoughtful and kind, and he supports me in everything I do.



He is an athlete.
He competes in triathlons and marathons, and also enjoys mountain biking and skiing.



He is tall ... about 6 feet. Hehe. Not tall enough.



He is an amazing uncle, and will one day be the GREATEST dad.



He is silly, and cute.



He is the love of my life.



After you are finally done all of your schooling, what do you hope to be doing?

As of now I have completed a Bachelor of Education Degree, an Honours Degree in Psychology, and a couple of graduate classes. I recently applied for the Master's in Ed. Psych. program.

Currently I work as a grade 7/8 teacher, but in the near future I hope to work as a guidance counselor/ teacher in a high school, and then once I am done all my schooling (possibly a PhD too) I plan on working as a psychologist and a university professor.

I don't know exactly where the future will take me, but I love that I have many options, and I am open to all sorts of possibilities!

That's all the questions!
If you have something you would like to ask, please do so here!

Now it's your turn ... if you had 1 day, no work, no obligations, and money was no issue, what would you do?

Check back tomorrow evening for news about my first sponsored giveaway!


20 comments:

Pink Panda said...

You and your husband look so cute together! I wish I had such high aspirations - good luck with the graduate work.

I would go to Las Vegas :).

emily said...

I would wander around New York City, eating cupcakes and diet pop! I loved the tribute to the husband, so sweet.

misssarahlou said...

I would go to New York, ice skating in central park and window shopping - oh maybe if money were no object then actual shopping, lol :o)

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com said...

I love the answers you gave to this set of Q&A! The part about your husband made me smile, it's so nice to see people who are truly in love!
And what a wonderful day of meals- breakfast was great and then dinner was even better!!

Morgan said...

aw your hubby sounds wonderful!! that wedding picture is absolutely stunning

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) said...

I love this:
He is also a good cook and good at cleaning house - bonus!!

SO TRUE!

Can i just say that between you and your hubs, if you ever have children, they will be beautiful little people :)

xoxo

runsarah said...

Loved reading your answers and hearing about your hubby. Your wedding photo is gorgeous!

moretolifethanlettuce said...

so cool that you're a teacher and will be going into psych! i'm a psych major and i definitely want to do something in the field, hopefully become a nurse practitioner specializing in mental health. WOW what a great looking couple! your hubs sounds amazing, so sweet about how he's a great uncle, you can tell from the pic. omg i love cream puffs! :)

Simply Life said...

great post! thanks for sharing!

mymarblerye said...

I would fly to Paris and SHOP till I dropped and ate all the pastries in sight! :) Your hubby looks so nice! Maybe one day we'll meet in a foodie event!

Anne Marie said...

If I had one day off, I'd travel to Italy! I love the Q&A's! They are so fun to read!

Kacy said...

If money wasn't an issue I'd shop!

You and the hubby are so cute!

Shauna said...

Awww, that was so sweet Jolene - gave me chills!

Anais said...

Great questions and great answers!

I love that you spend Sunday with both sides of the family... Hopefully I get to do that too when my family moves back here!

Healthy. Happy. Well. said...

Great pics of breakfast! Looks like you have a very loving and supportive husband!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Your husband is so cute!
I think being a guidance counselor would be so rewarding!

That IS a touch question... I think I would spend it with a good run, spend some time with my family, and baking. My three loves :D

One Healthy Apple said...

You and your hubby make a gorgeous couple :) I love how happy you two are!

I am very impressed with all your education. I'm struggling through my grad school experience, but I may want to go back some day, just not now!

I would spend an entire day on a beach (of course covered up), hiking, and eating fro yo!

Andrea @Celery In The City said...

Just one day with no obligations and all the money in the world? I think I would sit by the beach. I love the water. I know, cheesy, but it's so relaxing. Can we also throw in that we can eat anything and the calories don't count? Because I'd be eating mac and cheese in the sand! lol That cream puff looks BANGIN.

sophia said...

Your hubby is also very, very good-looking! Hee!
Oooh yorkshire puddings!!!! I've always wanted to try those!

thetwentyfifthyear said...

I agree with Averie - your children will be gorgeous! I love the story and pictures about the two of you. Simply amazing love - you can tell.