Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!!!!!!!!


I would like to wish a Happy Mothers' Day to all the mother's out there!!!!

Yesterday, the hubby and I spent the day with my beautiful mother who is in the hospital in Saskatoon.

Before leaving for Saskatoon, I had a bowl of everything oats:




(Toppings: Chia seeds, granola, chocolate chips, almond butter, coconut).

We ate lunch at Fuddruckers. The portions are HUGE. I ordered the smallest burger, and could still only eat about 1/2:



I had a few fries too:



Dinner was a 6" turkey and veggie sub:



When we got home from Saskatoon we watched part of Transformers 2 before falling asleep. I snacked on 1 1/2 grapefruit, and 1/2 a coconut bar:





This morning I made a very green juice with 2 grapefruit (Hello, my name is Jolene and I am a grapefruit addict), 1 green pepper, and 2 kiwi:



We went for brunch and I had 2 eggs, 2 sausage, bacon, and a bit of my toast and hash browns, as well as about 84 cups of coffee:



In the afternoon I had the other half of my coconut bar, and 1/2 a can of diet root beer.

At the in-laws for supper I had a plate of Chinese food and a glass of ice tea:



A few Facts About My Mother:

1) She has more patience than any other person I have ever known.

2) She is an exceptional artist - unfortunately, since her MS diagnosis about 8 years ago, she hasn't had the motor ability for artistic endeavors.

3) She loves coffee, cheesecake, and staying up late.

4) She has always been really tiny (like 100 pounds) but she loves food! She likes to graze all day. She used to try and gain weight, and would buy or make foods specifically because they were calorie dense. It didn't work.

5) When she could still walk in them, she loved stilettos and wore them everyday.

6) When we were growing up, my mom was supermom, and little miss Martha in the kitchen. She loved to entertain, cook, bake, etc.. I always sat on the counter as she baked, just hoping I would get to lick the bowl.

7) She is the most generous person I know.

8) She is the most positive person I know. In the 8 years since my mom was diagnosed with MS, I have never once heard her complain, or ask "why me?" She is strong in the face of adversity, and always sees the beauty in life. I have learned a lot from her, but still have so much more to learn.

9) She is the mother of 3 children, and the grandmother of 1 three year old.

10) She is an everyday angel.

Tell me something about your mom :-)

11 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

i had an aunt who battled with hodgkins disease, so i can relate in some ways although i am terribly sorry it is your mom that is ill, and with MS. she is so lucky to have a beautiful daughter like you and im so happy to hear you went up to see her at the hospital. all the best, and i will keep you and your family in my prayers as well. have a great night love xox

Becca said...

What are these everything oats you keep eating? I've never heard of em before, but they look yum.

Simply Life said...

oh your mom sounds amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your mom is the epitome of strength! Lucky you that you got her genes. ;) My mom taught herself English by conversing with people who ate at her restaurant.

Kacy said...

So sweet. Your mom sounds like a very special person :)

Anonymous said...

Aww I love reading the facts about your mom. Something about my mom-she's the kindest, most compassionate and loving person I have ever met.

Kat said...

Your mom facts are precious :)
Ive been to fudruckers a few times whith my teamates from my soccer team and omg they do have huge portions. We split almost everything!

Yelena said...

Love the 84 cups of coffee and facts about your mom- she sounds amazing!

My mom is generous, loving, and doesn't go anywhere without her eyeliner and mascara:) She taught be about food too!

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

I love Fuddruckers! I've only been there once but man was it good. I think I was in a food coma for days.

My Mom is a tough old broad (that's what she would say.) She is 69, has 5 children, 7 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. She has survived all of that as well as lupus and lung cancer. She is a tough old broad indeed.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

That is so sweet! Your mom sounds like one incredible woman, indeed! I love my mom. She would give the shirt off her back if need be :)

Devan said...

your everything oats are very pretty :)