Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Apple Juliet

M


any thanks to all of you who left kinds words of encouragement and support after my last post. Your thoughts and prayers mean the world to me, and I am so thankful to be a part of such a caring community of people.

I woke up this morning with a terrible headache.

My best remedy was a green chocolate smoothie with 1 cup almond breeze, 2 packs amazing grass, 1 scoop maca/ hemp/ cacao powder, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 t dark chocolate PB.



I spent the day outside leading a group of wild 13 and 14 year olds around for track and field.

Lunch was a tuna sandwich and an orange.

Dinner this evening was a hamburger with some roasted potatoes and onions with a bit of feta cheese:



I still had a headache this evening, so I rested on the couch and watched American Idol. I am so sad that Simon is leaving - I love him :-)

I also made a beautiful drink that is reminiscent of an "Orange Julius". I have named it the Apple Juliet:



Apple Juliet

1/2 cup water
1 apple
2 apricots
3 strawberries
4 icecubes
10 drops of Vanilla Liquid Stevia (thanks to NuNaturals for sending me this)

Remove stems and core of fruit (leave skin on). Blend in the VitaMix or other blender.



It was smooth, sweet, and delicious! I will definitely make this again!

Do you watch American Idol? Who is your favourite judge?
Do you ever go to Orange Julius? What do you order?

I like anything tropical, with coconut and pineapple.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

They discontinued almost every single orange julius here! I use to always go when I was young!! :( I LOVE american idol but this season was a tad boring for me..I dunno if I'll watch with Simon goes..unless they get an AMAZING new judge! Other than ellen of course...do you watch canadian idol

Simply Life said...

I love that name - apple juliet :)

Alanna said...

Mmm, that drink sounds wonderful.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I love the apple juliet! It look great. I'm with you, I love the tropical mix. I haven't been to an orange julius in YEARS. Yum!

Anonymous said...

I like Simon :)

Heather Iacobacci-Miller said...

MMMMM that Apple Juliet looks so good. I don't watch American Idol. I think I'm the only one! We don't have an Orange Julius here any longer.

chow and chatter said...

great drinks so sorry about your MUm its a tough situation lots of love Rebecca

Kacy said...

Yum that looks great! I hope it heals up your headache :)

Ellen is by far my favorite judge. I love her.

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

Haha - Apple Juliet. Love it! I had no idea that Simon was leaving the show. I haven't watched it since Ruben beat clay Aiken. It's been awhile.

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said...

I used to love Orange Julius. I haven't seen one in forever though. My brother and I used to throw such fits for them.

Anonymous said...

I have never watched AI willingly. When I have watched it is when I'm at my parents and they have it on :-(

Kelsey Ann said...

o no, hopefully the headache is going away.. or is gone by the time u read this <3

i love american idol and kara or randy is my fav! id say paula but obv. she isnt there anymore.. but she was always my fav..so kooky hehe

i used to go to orange julius all the time.. loved their original orange one or the wildberry smoothie!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

That juice sounds delicious! I don't watch American Idol anymore but I used to love Simon!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

high school was a HUGE oragne julius at the mall place...oh yeah baby
raw eggs and all :)

i was a vegetarian who clearly didnt worry about salmonella LOL

the Apple Juliet looks marvelous

take care of that headache hon!

Jocelyn said...

Yummy, that apple juliet looks beautiful!

I am not a huge fan of American Idol (or simon) But I do tune in occasionally! I don't think the show will be the same without him.