Saturday, April 9, 2011

(Want) To-Do List

Y

esterday I had a headache that would not go away.  It was making me feel sick to my stomach.

Breakfast was a smoothie with: Almond Breeze, 1/2 banana, 1 scoop Amazing Grass, 1 tsp hemp seeds, 1 T cocoa powder. 

I downed this smoothie and then slept until noon, trying to rid myself of the head pain.

Lunch was French onion soup (the frozen kind from Costco, done in the oven).  


In the late afternoon I started feeling some relief, and also started to get my appetite back a bit.  I made a quick and easy snack that I had seen on Kris' blog - Chocolate Orange Slices.  I had all the ingredients (coconut butter, cocoa, maple syrup and an orange) on hand, so this only took a couple minutes to throw together.


By dinner time I needed some fresh air.  The hubby and I went to a restaurant just a couple minutes from our house for won ton soup, which always makes me feel better.  

I had a small bowl of won ton soup with 2 fresh rolls.


This morning I had another smoothie (Almond Breeze, frozen strawberries, grapes and peach, 1 t coconut butter, hemp seeds).


While sitting and sipping my smoothie and reading blogs, I realized that I have absolutely NOTHING on my to-do list!  It is an amazing feeling to know that I have no assignments/readings due, no report cards looming, no reason to procrastinate ... It feels fantastic!

So, in light of my empty to-do list, I feel like I should create a to-do list that is actually full of things I WANT to do this weekend:

My (Want) To-Do List  ... and I am gonna do it!
  1. Go for a walk outside and enjoy the spring weather
  2. Have my nephew over for a sleepover and PLAY!
  3. Daydream about my trip to NY and Google cool restaurants/shops
  4. Go shopping ... maybe for fun stuff for my sister's bachelorette or shower!
  5. Read for fun
  6. Go for coffee with the hubby to the Chapters Starbucks and try a cake pop at Starbucks and then decide that my cake pops are better
  7. Make a yummy new recipe
  8. Watch music videos on Youtube, and sing along
  9. Dance, even if it is around the house and with my 4 year old nephew
  10. Grocery shop slowly at local, independent, specialty stores (bakery, fish shop, etc).
What is on your (want) to-do list?

12 comments:

Simply Life said...

oh those chocolate oranges do look like a great idea!

Anonymous said...

chocolate covered oranges? YES PLEASE! I need to make a to do list this weekend!

Amber said...

Great idea!

My want to-do list:

-have a nap
-read my book
-watch a movie with Eric
-drink some wine

My actual to-do list this weekend:

-clean and organize spare room
-work at the yoga studio
-start freelance article

Want to-do lists are so much more fun :P

Amy said...

SLEEP!!! LOL! But that's not going to happen. My mom is in a tizzy cleaning her house and I can't say anything to her because she doesn't know I've hired someone to come clean her house this coming weekend as a thank you for letting me and my son stay here while waiting to figure out which state to live in LOL!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your comment about pretzels vs cheezies, haha. That munchie mix is the best!!

Your "want to do" list is a great idea - I'm trying to make my own list like that for our trip to San Fran!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Love your "to-do" list! I also would like to do #1, #5, and #10!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yea for not having anything that you HAVE to do and focusing on things you WANT to do. That will be me in June. Can't wait!

My want to-do list is:
- Take my nephews on a 'date' (book store & out to eat)
- Go out for dinner with my girlfriends
- Go home and visit my grandma
- Lay on my reading chair and read something for fun

Unknown said...

I saw that Starbucks now carries Cake Pops! I didn't get one today but I am going to try one next time I am there...I'm sure they don't compare to yours!

Isn't it nice to have total freedom in choosing how to spend your time? I hope you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I love this! So glad you are "free" to do as pleased.

And looking forward to a new recipe please! :)

...thanks for your comment about "Do what makes you happy". I always worry about money, being judged, etc...I know paying a lot more money for a place just makes NO sense and is ridiculous for someone in my situation...and yet, I don't know, what's the point of being in further discomfort and shambles then really?

Kacy said...

Aw, love this!
I want to finally get some groceries for the house, go to yoga and watch TV. Totally going to do that :)

A CopyCat Cooks said...

I am sure your cake pops are better. I bought one for my son the other day. He is 3 and even he wouldn't eat the whole thing... not very tasty....

Missy said...

Hi! I don't believe I have commented but I need to hear because you put a call on my heart to have a sleepover with all of my nieces and nephews (one at a time) Being an Aunt rocks, huh?