y very good friends are getting married in 3 days!! The countdown is on!! I am really looking forward to all the wedding festivities this weekend - I love weddings!
I also love oatmeal.
(1/2 cup coffee, 1/2 cup almond breeze, 1/2 cup quick oats, 1 T almond butter, blackberries and strawberries, coconut)
Lunch was a turkey sub from Mr. Sub, loaded with veggies.
The hubby and I went to one of our favourite restaurants for dinner - Korea House. I had my usual, Bee Bim Bop:
After dinner we picked up plants for our yard. I got some flowers (white petunias - I only plant white flowers), some herbs (mint, cilantro, oregano, chives, basil) and some veggies (peas and peppers). I am still trying to find a tomato plant.
Do you plant anything in the spring?
This evening I was busy making CAKE POPS for the pre-wedding BBQ on Friday night!
- Make a boxed cake mix according to the instructions
- Cool completely
- Crumble the cake into a bowl
- Add about 1/2 a container of store-bought icing (then more as needed)
- Form into balls and put in freezer for 10 minutes or so
- Melt a small amount of the chocolate (candy melts). Dip lollipop sticks into the chocolate and then insert them into the tops of the cake balls about 3/4 of the way:
- Freeze for about 20-30 minutes.
- Melt some chocolate (candy melts) in the microwave until smooth.
- Dip the pops into the chocolate and then let excess drip off.
- Give them a swirl, and stand them up in a piece of Styrofoam to dry:
I only dipped a few of the cake balls this evening, as the chocolate was not cooperating. The rest of the balls are in the freezer waiting to be made tomorrow night. I hope to perfect my cake ball dipping skills tomorrow night! I have some white and milk chocolate to try too.
The bride (my good friend Cori) will be wearing blue for her wedding.
Did you/ will you do anything nontraditional for your wedding?