Sunday, April 10, 2011

Every Once in a While ...

A perfect weekend comes a long ...

I spent the weekend doing things from my (want) to-do list.  The hubby and I went to Chapters/Starbucks where I tried one of their cake pops.  It was nasty.  It tasted waxy, stale, and artificial.  I was right in thinking that my homemade ones would be better.  


I wanted to make a new recipe this weekend, and we found one in the Looney Spoons cookbook. 

About a year ago we had a Saskatchewan themed dinner party and our friends brought us some Saskatchewan grown lentils as a gift.  We cooked them up on Saturday evening with rice, Indian spices and veggies, and topped them with curried sour cream.



The rest of the evening was spent with our little nephew who came to our place for a sleepover.

I love this little guy more than the whole-wide-world :-)


We played.  I made Ruby Red Pound Cake from Christina's blog.


And then we snuggled on the couch with popcorn and a movie.

This morning we shared a fresh juice, before going for brunch with "grandpa" (my dad).


We went to fundraiser dinner with friends tonight where I had a bowl of veggie pasta.  
After dinner we all walked over to DQ where I got a mini blizzard.  


This may or may not have been my second mini blizzard of the day.  I live on the edge.

How was your weekend?  

13 comments:

lynn said...

aw that's too bad about the cake pop! the one i had in the states was delicious.

a blizzard, however, has obviously been universally perfected.

DessertForTwo said...

Awwww, thanks for linking to my grapefruit pound cake! It looks like you made 4 of 'em!? Did you scale the recipe up successfully??

Glad you had a fantastic weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the cake pops sucked, but now you just have to get Starbucks to contract you out so you can become a bazillionaire :-) Your lentil dish looks so wholesome and tasty! I've only ever had them in soups so I should really try something like that...

Kacy said...

Mmmm I was a blizzard.

Lisa said...

What a fun weekend! I love the pics of your nephew, so great that you spend so much time together. I'm sure he'll cherish that!

Yelena said...

Hehe- you do live on the edge :)

I love the pictures of your nephew- nephews are pretty much the best.

My weekend was fabulous and I wish I could go back to it right about now!

Vanessa @ Swift as Shadows said...

"I live on the edge." Haha, love it! I actually like the Sbux birthday cake pops (hangs head in shame), but I can't wait to make my own. =)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

What a fab weekend! How fun that you had an overnight date w/ your nephew! That is something I have never done w/ mine, but should totally do! Esp w/ the older one who is almost 6. I bet he'd love it!

My weekend was pretty ho-hum since I was in class all day Sat and studied all day Sunday. Boring! But after June, things will really change and I'll get my free time back again!

Anonymous said...

your nephew is getting so big!!! Glad you had a relaxing weekend...but you better save up your sweet tooth for nyc!! It's coming so soon!!

Anonymous said...

Your nephew is so cute!!! My weekend was spent with the whole family being sick. YUCK!

sophia said...

HEy!! Your nephew looks like you!! No wonder you love him...he's got the same cheeky, endearing smile. Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

They're MINI blizzards - two is mandatory :)

Oh my gosh - I now am craving a pound cake - and I don't usually eat it! Looks so good. What movie did you watch? The little guy is ADORABLE.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a perfect weekend!

Mine was spent at a ladies night in a little town 2 hours north of Moose Jaw. I love small towns. They have great parties:)