Thursday, April 7, 2011

Full


The past couple of days I have had no appetite.  I don't think I am getting sick, but I have basically just felt perpetually full, and so I haven't been eating much.  I honestly think my body is in shock from the sudden sunshine and warmth that we are being blessed with!  It must have shocked my system.  I usually eat a lot lighter in the summer, so it could be that my body is preparing for that.  Whatever it is, I try to listen to my bodies cues, and eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full.

I did manage to sneak in a slice of pizza for the hubby's 30th birthday dinner yesterday, and a few nibbles at my class last night (last day of class for the semester).  Breakfast yesterday was good, although I had a really hard time finishing it due to waking up full:

Vanilla oats with blackberries, choc. chips and coconut.

 I have also been drinking fresh juices loaded with fruits and veggies:

This evening I had plans to go for dinner with two of my girlfriends that I have been friends with since I was a kid.  We stopped at a restaurant called Bitten, but weren't impressed with the menu, so we left after 1 drink and went to Table 10, the same place we were at on Saturday for the hubby's party.


I had 2 appetizers: Black truffle mushroom risotto croquettes (again) and a 3 cheese and red ale soup.


I was impressed again.  

In my last post I mentioned that I am going to New York this month, and a few people asked if it was for a vacation or work.  It is for a VACATION!  I only travel for fun :-)  

One year ago today I was in NY and we were spending our last full day there before having to head home from a vacation of a lifetime.  The hubby and I and will be going back again in two weeks for another week long stay.  I cannot wait!
 
What are you currently looking forward to?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Being able to blog (and breathe) again for the next month (until next semester starts) is something I am definately looking forward to.

Oh yeah....and VANCOUVER!

Not New York, but still away from here!

Simply Life said...

oooh I would love some fresh blackberries right now!

Anonymous said...

I need your no appetite!! my eating is out of control!! :( I'm looking forward to my honeymoon! not the wedding but just the honeymoon!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am looking forward to a massage on Wednesday night. I take a 6 hour test that day so I booked a massage a reward for myself.

I have phases where I lose my appetite, too. Weird, huh? Hopefully it's back soon! I always miss food when I go thru those phases!

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to Earthday Birthday - a big rock concert next weekend! Should be a blast!

And I cant imagine waking up with no appetite...I'm generally ravenous the second my feet hit the floor!

Allysia said...

That sounds like tons of fun! I've never been to New York...or anywhere else really interesting. Not yet, anyway!

It's been SO nice outside! I think it's really funny that we think of 4 degrees as gorgeous weather. People drive with their windows down and don't wear jackets. We're so hardcore. :P

Amber said...

I think it's AWESOME that you and the hubby had such a good time in NY that you're going back! Whooo hooo!

Anonymous said...

That soup looks so warm and comforting... and you just gave me a craving for blackberries!!

Kacy said...

I'm looking forward to some relaxing after this stressful week!

Emily said...

Oh, I'm envious! I love New York.

Those croquettes look amazing! And so does your fresh juice. Yum.

Kankana said...

That looks like a fun meal to me :)

Kris | iheartwellness.com said...

I always love your food pics!! These patter of fruit and veg is making me hungry :)

We are finally getting sun here in Vancouver too and it is blissfully delicious!

xxoo

Leanne@sothisonetimeatfatcamp.wordpress.com said...

The hot weather in the UK is suppressing my appetite as well!

Looking forward to our bank holidays coming up, days off work are the best :D