Monday, April 4, 2011

Winding Down

S 

chool is winding down for the semester, and I will  soon be able to check another grad class off my list. 

This semester has been pretty slack, but the last couple of days have been filled with poster making!  The hubby was nice enough to do all the gluing for me with liquid cement, a job that was very meticulous and time consuming, especially the letters. Thanks hubby!


We have also been busy playing with our new camera, using it to take portraits of each other rather than just food.


But of course I have still been busy taking pictures of food ...

Raisin Bran & Apple with Almond Butter
Brown rice with deconstructed pico de gallo & steel head trout

I am loving steel head trout these days. 
It is very similar in taste to salmon, but I think it is actually better than salmon.  

Do you eat fish?  What is your favourite kind?
What has been keeping you busy lately?


11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't eat fish anymore. But when I did, my favourite was hands-down rainbow trout. So yummy! I miss being in school sometimes...but I don't miss making posters! Ha! Yours looks great...very professional.

Unknown said...

I'm a dork, but I love poster-making! Reminds me of the good times back in middle school ;)

Anonymous said...

i'm boring but I love SALMONNN. Tastes so good without any sauce!

kristine said...

I have been wanting to try steel head trout, and I LOVE salmon, so now I am definitely going to buy some asap!

Kacy said...

I like non-fishy fishes like halibut and sea bass. I don't eat it too often though.

Anonymous said...

So excited that you are almost done one more grad class! I like fish a lot! My favorite is salmon.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

We just bought a bunch of trout!! I guess I'll have to cook it soonish!!

School is keeping me busy, but only 2 weeks left of school & exams and then onto a 6 week practicum! WOOO HOO!!

Crystal said...

Wow, nice camera!

My favourite fish has got to be salmon. My town holds a salmon festival each year, too. School has been keeping me busy... exam season!

Astrid said...

I loe fish. Basically any kind, but I think swordfish will always be my favorite. Congrats on almost being finished with another semester. I am sorry that I haven't been around much. Thanks for always stopping by.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I do eat fish... my favorite fish in sushi is tuna. My favorite cooked fish is probably mahi mahi.

Anonymous said...

Neither of my parents grew up eating fish, so my Mum never cooked it either! The closest we ever came was a can of tuna... yours, with your pico de gallo, looks great though!