Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Red Gravy New Orleans

On Easter morning we had a hankering for some fried chicken and waffles!  We spent a few minutes researching places to get this southern dish, and were surprised that it seemed quite hard to find.  Anyone who did rave about fried chicken and waffles in New Orleans mentioned Red Gravy, so that's where we went.


I was surprised when Christopher ordered eggs, grits, a biscuit and fruit, when I knew he had been dreaming about fried chicken and waffles.  Then he reminded me that he'd probably have to end up eating half of my dish anyway.  I tried to pretend it wasn't true, but he seems to know my eating abilities better than I do.

Christopher's dish:


He loved the biscuit and thought the grits weren't that great ... but then we ate some grits on Monday that totally made up for these.

My mouth-watering, delicious, fried chicken and waffles, that I definitely recommend.  I ate just over half of this plate:  (*The fried chicken and waffles is only available on weekends)

 

Our Easter evening meal was pretty great too - but that's for another post ...

What did you do for Easter?

5 comments:

Kacy said...

We went to Tom's parents for lunch. It was pretty laid back.
I've never had chicken and waffles, but that looks great!

Anonymous said...

Nice! On Easter we went to my grandmom's house. We had a blast!

Yelena said...

Ah, New Orleans! I love that city ;) Looks like the perfect Southern meal!

Losing in the City said...

i absolutely love New Orleans. one of my favorite city in the US. i will be there in the summer and definitely adding "red gravy" to my list of restaurants to visit.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I celebrated Easter with my family at my parents' lake home. We had a pretty traditional meal of ham and turkey and all the fixings!