Sunday, April 21, 2013

Juno Weekend

The city is full of musicians this weekend because the Juno Awards (Canadian music awards) are in town!  We saw some great live music Friday and Saturday evening, including some of my favourites Def 3, and Hey Ocean.  We were hoping to see Classified, 5 Alarm Funk, and a few others but we couldn't hit them all.

Eats this weekend included ribs and sweet potato fries:

 

Panago Pizza:

 

And some of the most moist cake around (say '"most moist" three times fast) ... I encouraged Christopher to take a piece right out of the middle, because that piece is always the best ;-)


Off to eat a giant salad & watch the Juno Awards!  

How was your weekend?  
Do you have a favourite Canadian musician/band?

My favourite Canadian musician is obviously Christopher ;-)  Check out his band page here and if you like them, let 'em know on Facebook!  I also love Hey OceanCheck 'em out too!

3 comments:

Kacy said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I love live music!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm sweet potato fries! I used to like Avril Lavigne back in the day - does that count? lol

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, I love a good, moist cake! Love that he took a piece out of the middle. :)

My weekend was pretty good. Lots of studying, but I had fun at wedding on Saturday afternoon.