Monday, April 22, 2013

Homemade Pizza Pops

Pizza Pops are awesome. 



I remember asking Christopher if he liked Pizza Pops, and I likely squealed in delight when his response was, "I could live on Pizza Pops."  We decided to make our own this evening (look out Pillsbury).  We whipped up four different varieties, and tried a little bit of each:

chorizo & red pepper (with mozza & cheddar)
pepperoni, bacon & mushroom (with mozza & cheddar)
three cheese (mozza, cheddar & feta)
shrimp, spinach & feta

Homemade Pizza Pops

1 ball of pizza dough (enough for a large round pizza)
1 small can of pizza sauce
cheese (about 1.5 cups shredded)
veggies of choice (about 1 cup - softened in a pan)
meat of choice (fully cooked)

Roll the dough out and cut 6-8 rounds.  Cover the rounds with a tsp or so of sauce, and then fill with toppings.  Fold over and close the dough by pinching, or pressing with a fork.  Prick the top of the pizza pop once with a fork to allow steam to escape.  Bake on a parchment lined sheet @ 400 F for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

 

The pictures do not do them justice, but I wish you could see how ugly my pre-cooked pizza pops were compared to Christopher's.  He watched me fill and fold two, and then took over while we giggled at how beastly mine were.

They all tasted great though!

 

The pepperoni, mushroom & bacon combination was best! 

Do you like Pizza Pops?  How about Pizza Pockets?  
Other frozen pizza goodies?

3 comments:

Simply Life said...

yum! these look GREAT!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Those look good! I have never been a big pizza person so I haven't really eaten any of the products like pizza pockets, etc. But I do think they look good!

Kacy said...

I love anything pizza related!