Friday, April 26, 2013

Food Photography - Win!

Until last week I had never submitted any food photography to sites like Tastespotting or Foodgawker.  

I had read that these sites reject most photos, and I didn't want to go through the trouble.  If you have your pictures on these sites it is really good for blog traffic, however, and so I decided to send in three photos to Foodgawker.

They rejected all three.

I sent in 3 more to Foodgawker and 2 to Tastespotting, and they got rejected for reasons such as lighting or composition.  Finally I tried one more picture with Tastespotting last week and they accepted it!

See if you can spot it here.

Yipppeeeeeee!
 

7 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Woo hoo! Yea for getting your photo picked. I spotted it right away. :) Nice work!!

suki said...

Great job on the photo! I submitted a few times, but then I gave up. :p

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! Congrats!

Kacy said...

That's awesome. Congrats!

Amber said...

How exciting! Congratulations!! I spotted it right away too!

awesome_dave said...

Awesome news!!! Nice photo too. You inspired me to throw my hat in the food photo ring. Managed to get a photo approved on foodgawker on the second attempt.

DessertForTwo said...

Congrats! Of course it's fried chicken! It should always be fried chicken :) I recently ate Paula Deen's fried chicken at her restaurant, and yes, it lives up to the hype. It's amazing.