2) Last night I did some breakfast prep for the freezer. I made a couple loaves of bread, which we use for toast, and then some buttermilk waffles, which are great popped right in the toaster from the freezer.
3) We recently threw together a shrimp, noodle curry.
4) Other recent eats include beef burritos, and ribs with roasted potatoes and corn salad:
5) We had a real old-school dinner tonight - breaded pork cutlets, mashed potatoes and creamed corn.
6) We're doing a February challenge to get rid of stuff. You start on February 1st, and get rid of one thing. Then on the 2nd, two things, and so on, until the 29th, when you get rid of 29 things. By the end of the month it's 435 things! We aren't doing it day by day, just aiming for the 435 by the end of the month. We spent about 1 hour purging things on a Sunday afternoon, and easily tossed 125 items. We'll choose another day soon and try for the rest of it. We should have been counting a few months ago, when we got rid of at least 500 things! It feels so good to rid ourselves of junk - nik naks we don't display regularly, books we'll most likely never read again, clothing we never wear, kitchen gadgets that never get used, etc. etc.. If we forgot we had something, or it's been in a cupboard untouched for the past year, it goes into either a toss or donate pile. It sounds like a lot of things, but our house isn't cluttered at all, and it's small, and yet we still managed to get rid of so much.
7) We recently started watching Love on Netflix, and Vinyl on TV. We're liking Love, and are going to give Vinyl a couple more episodes before we decide what we think of it. Are you watching either of these shows?
8) Our "paper" anniversary gift arrived. We got some of the lyrics from our wedding song custom framed at Michaels. We love the way it turned out. It's a lot bigger (longer) than the picture lets on ...
9) We don't buy chips regularly, but the darn Lays: Do us a Flavour contest gets us every time. We are suckers for trying new foods, and we always want to participate and vote for our favourite. We bought these two so far:
We had a few out of the Bacon Mac & Cheese bag, and found them boring. They taste similar to other flavours we've had before.
10) I had a wonderful week off last week, relaxed, and got to catch up with a bunch of different gal pals over breakfasts, coffee, etc..
Annnnnnd, next month Christopher and I are headed to New Orleans for a week vacation! Ya'll know what we'll be doing there ...
How's your week going so far? What's going on in your world?