Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Long Weekend of Love: Part 3

Monday was a holiday in Saskatchewan, Family Day.  There may only be two of us, but we are still a family.  A little family.  A happy family.

We started our day with eggs benedict.


Not a bad way to start a Monday!


This breakfast kept us pretty full well into the afternoon.  Mid-afternoon my sweetie made me up some of his perfect French fries.


We had these on Saturday, and then again on Monday.  What can I say?  I'm an addict.  When you have a husband who tells you he'll make you fries anytime you want, you tend to eat a lot of fries #hungrygirlproblems.

For the last meal of our long weekend of love, we made a surf and turf dinner.  We had lamb chops with a red wine reduction, scallops, and pink mashed potatoes (made with potato, beet, dill and brie).


We had a pretty great long-weekend ... and now ... I'm on holidays for the rest of the week!

Was Monday a holiday for you?  If so, how did you spend it?

3 comments:

Alli said...

Would it be weird if I joined you for a meal celebrating your love because lamb, scallops, and mashed potatoes with beets and dill sounds like the best meal ever!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love the pink mashed potatoes! How fun and appropriate for your weekend of love! I also had Monday off which was so nice. I went for a run in the morning, spent the afternoon with my nephews, and then went to yoga, read, and watched an episode of Gilmore Girls in the evening.

Anonymous said...

I read this post completely on the topic of the difference of most up-to-date
and earlier technologies, it's amazing article.