Nothin' like puddles and grass peeking out in February!
2) Christopher made a delicious Thai bowl the other day. He crisped up some tofu, made a Thai yellow curry, cooked up some rice noodles, and topped everything with fresh, raw veggies.
3) We made coconut ginger, carrot soup this week, using this recipe. We served it with a Greek salad.
4) On Thursday evening we had Thai food again. We made some shrimp fresh rolls:
And also tried our hand at laab moo, a spicy pork salad. We served it alongside jasmine rice.
We toasted and ground some sticky rice and sprinkled that in for a crunch. Other ingredients included a lot of fresh lime juice, chili flakes, shallots, cilantro, and fish sauce. We're going to make it once more, and will share a recipe after that, once we're sure we've perfected it.
5) For dinner last night we had clubhouse sandwiches, and crispy potatoes cooked up in jalapeno flavoured olive oil.
6) Breakfast this beautiful Saturday morning was a potato, bacon, egg, veggie, and herb skillet.
Christopher loves making me breakfast on the weekends, and what can I say, I love it. Weekend mornings are always so relaxing. I started on a dessert for tonight while he made the coffee and breakfast ...
7) We're cooking a pretty tasty dinner tonight. We were planning on having dinner guests, but unfortunately they couldn't make it. We've slashed the menu by about two-thirds, but are still whipping up a few yummy dishes for two :-) It should be a nice, quiet little weekend.
What are you up to this weekend?