Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Slow Down

We've been feeling like life is moving a million miles a second these days.  Anyone else feeling that way?  Time needs to slow down a bit.  Perhaps it's that the nice summer weather didn't last as long as it had in previous years, but it's like October came out of nowhere, and now it's nearly Halloween, and we're not ready for any of it. 

On Friday evening we were both feeling worn out, and were fighting cold germs.  After work we drove a couple hours to Saskatoon, getting there close to 8:00 p.m..  We grabbed a quick dinner at Seoul, and then retired to the hotel for the evening.


The next morning we were up bright and early, and headed out to Grainfields for breakfast.


We picked up some perogies and other goodies for my mom, and spent the day with her.  The evening was spent in the hotel, just hanging out in the room, and eating dinner in the hotel's restaurant, Aroma.


On Sunday morning we picked up breakfast and brought it to my mom.  We stayed with her until the late afternoon, and then hit the highway home.

Dinner on Sunday evening was a roast beef, with potatoes/carrots, Yorkshire pudding, and gravy.  This is a meal that I always loved when I was growing up.  It's also super easy to make everything from scratch, and doesn't require a lot of prep.


While I was working on the gravy, Christopher whipped up a batch of ghost pepper cilantro sauce, with an entire bunch of cilantro in it - mmmmm!


Dinner was ready in no time, and we had plenty of leftovers for our work-week lunches


Perfect Sunday dinner.


Do you feel ready for Fall?  Halloween?
How was your weekend?  What did you do?
Do you like roast beef dinner?  Do you ever cook it?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I feel the same way about time going by way too fast. I can't believe that it's the last week of October. November and December always fly by since there's so much going on related to the holidays, so I know the rest of the year is going to fly by!

I had a really fun weekend as it was Julia Child night! It was great seeing so much family and we ate delicious food!

I do like roast beef but it's something that I never seem to make. We aren't big red meat eaters so it's just not something I am drawn to buy. But I should make a roast this fall as it is such a comforting, stick-to-your-ribs kind of meal!