Sunday, October 16, 2016

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a wonderful day.  I woke up to presents, and then we enjoyed tea and green smoothies (banana, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, greens powder mixture, a bunch of kale, vanilla, cocoa) before heading out.


We went to Starbucks/ Chapters to get coffees and a treat, and then looked around for a while, which I love to do!  I love allllllll the books.


For lunch we shared some leftover Thai curry, which we had made for dinner the night before.


We had some afternoon snacks ...


And then Christopher took me out to one of my favourite restaurants, Caraway, for dinner.  We both think that Caraway is one of the best, if not the best, restaurant in the city.  It serves up authentic Indian food, and is often lined up out the door.  They don't take reservations, so we went early yesterday (5:30), and had about a 45 minute wait!  It was worth it.

We got the special that includes two starters, two mains, rice, and two orders of naan for just under $60.

The starters we chose were pakora and cheese tikka.


We then had chicken korma, spicy masala lamb, saffron rice, cheese naan, and garlic naan.  We had a tonne of leftovers to take home, which is always nice.


After dinner we snuggled up at home and watched The Shallows.

Tonight we're headed to Christopher's parents house for a belated Thanksgiving dinner!

How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had an awesome day. I love it when birthdays fall on a weekend! Mine was on a Saturday this past year, too, and it was so nice to not work - plus I was on vacation in Mexico so it was extra wonderful!

My weekend was great as we were away in Oregon for vacation. The weather was pretty awful since the Pacific NW got hit by the remnants of a typhoon, but we made the most of it! On Saturday we met up with a friend I met through blogging that I hadn't seen in 2 years. I got to meet her son which was so fun!