Saturday, August 20, 2016

Weekend Things

I hope you're having a lovely weekend!  We're livin' it up!

Pretty much all week I had toast for breakfast:


We had grilled tofu for dinner one night, with carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms:


And deer sausage another evening, with brussels sprouts and turnip:


We sat out in the backyard and snacked:


Yesterday it was raining, so I whipped up a pot of chili for when Christopher came home at lunch:


Our dinner was a smoked meat poutine:


It feels like this is the first weekend we've been at home in for-ev-er.  Christopher was so excited to make breakfast at home this weekend (and I was pretty pumped too):


We spent the day prepping for the dinner we're having tomorrow, and relaxing in the backyard.  We made king crab legs with corn for dinner.


And tonight ... tonight we're watching the last Tragically Hip concert, like I'm assuming most Canadians are - enjoy my friends!

What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It was cool here this weekend, too. It definitely felt like fall. I love summer but it was nice to get a little break from the heat and humidity we've had lately. Chili sounds really good - I need to make a batch of that soon!

My weekend was a productive one as I canned 45 pounds of tomatoes from my garden! I made 2 different kinds of marinara and a salsa. It was my first free weekend at home in quite awhile and it was so nice to just be home and not go anywhere. Our only plans were a BBQ on Friday night with friends.