Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hamburger with Peanut Butter!

After a busy summer of school and wedding coordinating, I am really enjoying relaxing at a campground with my husband and 5 of our closest friends.


We are doing a whole lot of sitting, reading, and visiting.  I have read two books since Monday and am planning on reading a third today.  It is so nice to have nothing to worry about.  Work doesn't start back up until the 26th, and university not until the 7th ... so for now, I have no responsibilities.

We are enjoying some of the usual camping food, like bacon and eggs, and hamburgers.  


We did something crazy and put PB on our hamburgers!  


Ever since a friend told me about this a few months ago, I have been wanting to try it.  Then Diana tried it, and blogged about how good it was. 

I spread a thick layer of smooth PB on my hamburger along with the usual ketchup, mustard, relish and onion.  It got super melty, and tasted great.  I felt like the only thing it needed was MORE peanut butter - the taste didn't come through enough.

Have you ever tried peanut butter on a hamburger?  Would you?
What do you have planned for the rest of the summer?

15 comments:

Faith @ For the Health of It said...

A year or so ago I definitely slathered a veggie burger in PB and it was the worst idea ever...not sure why I thought black beans/onions/whatnot would be a good call mixed with peanut butter!

The Fajdich Times said...

Looks like you will be having a fun time. Will you be doing any fishing? Have fun:)

Allison said...

I've never tried that but it actually sounds like something I'd enjoy!

Amanda said...

I miss camping. This post made me really want to go!

Anonymous said...

Have never tried it, and it wouldn't have occurred to me until you mentioned it. PB is good with so many things, though, so I'll have to keep it in mind.

I'm finishing up work here in Regina this week and I'm back to dental school next Monday. Every weekend is busy from now until October, so the end of summer will be busy busy! Have fun camping.

lynn said...

yum! there's a place here in l.a. called "mo's" that is famous for their PB and J burger

sophia said...

Ooh. PB in hamburger? I think that sounds good...I would love to try it with sunflower seed butter too, since it's so earthy and savory.

Enjoy the last of your summer, Jolene! :-)

Unknown said...

Definately NEVER tried that!!!!! For the next week I plan on catching up with riends, spending ime with the BF, and doing as little as possible!!!

Anonymous said...

Never tried it but it sure sounds interesting!!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

There is a restaurant in Newfoundland that sells this! It's their #1 seller.

I had it and I agree - you need LOADS of peanut butter to get the flavor!

Anonymous said...

You are one brave lady ;-) I'm going to try that on a veggie burger one day, just to see if it's true!!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh I wish it was better for you!! layer on that pb next time!! or wait for it to melt?

Anonymous said...

I've had a burger with satay sauce but never straight up peanut butter - bet it would taste just as delicious though. Yum!

Anonymous said...

I really know how to just embrace and LIVE life Jolene - appreciate the simple things. Like friends, camping - and burgers :)

I'd eat PB on anything - so why not?
I have an ex that used to eat PB on TUNA sandwiches...that seemed a little weird at the time but now nothing fazes me.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

PB on a burger??? Hm, not sure I am brave enough to try that! I am glad you are having a great and relaxing vacation. I can't believe you go back to teaching soon. Seems like you just told us you were finishing up!!