Monday, August 1, 2011

Calgary Weekend & Hubby's Half Ironman

On Sunday the hubby participated in his 2nd Half Ironman race.  

I got up early and took the spectator bus out to Ghost Lake to watch the swim.

The sun was just starting to come up as my hubby and the others in his age group jumped into the water for a 1.9 km swim.  


The hubby was 6th out of the freezing cold water with a time of 33:42.

He then biked 96 km in 2:42:27, and ran a half marathon (21.2 km) in 1:53:02.


He ended up taking 43 minutes off his time from last year!  

His overall time was 5:15:27.

When he was done his race, he wanted pizza.  
We went for our favourite - Inglewood Pizza.


We also shared a chocolate cupcake, and later our friend Ryan took us for the best lattes Calgary has to offer.  They were so good that we grabbed more this morning before heading home.


We spent Sunday evening hanging out with some friends, and ended up wandering past a commercial set.  The director insisted that we walk through the shoot (as extras), so we did :-)  


How was your weekend?  What did you do?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cafe Artigiano was HUGE when I lived in Vancouver... I didn't even realize they were in Calgary as well!

Sounds like a great trip and a great finish for your hubby. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE cafe artiigiano!<3
What a fun looking weekend!! xox

Allysia said...

I love Calgary, such a fun city! And congrats to your husband, that's a huge feat!

Anonymous said...

Go hubby!!! Congrats to him! My weekend was so much fun....looking forward to this weekend!

Kacy said...

That pizza looks fabulous! COngrats to the hubs!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, well done to your husband! Very impressive to take off THAT much time!! Do you think he will do a full ironman one day? Those sound so darn tough, I can not imagine finishing a half or a full ironman!!

I had a great weekend! I went to my parents' lake cabin on Saturday and then to my nephew's baptism & other nephew's 7th bday party on Sunday! So lots of celebrating!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Congrats to the hubby and love that pizza shot! Yumm!

Unknown said...

Congrats to Chris.....I cannot BELIEVE he did all that....I'm training for a half marathon and am exhausted just from that!!! What an accomplishment for him.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome weekend - your hubby is quite the racer! Your both a beautiful couple...and lovin' that pizza. God I adore pizza...;)

P.S - yay for the Recipes tabs! I've been hoping you'd do that for a while. You have so much to offer!

Jocelyn said...

Congratz to your hubby! That is amazing to shed that much off his time from last year! :D