Monday, August 8, 2011

French Lunch and Folk Fest Days 2 & 3

On Saturday afternoon we were lucky enough to enjoy a French lunch in our friend's backyard.


Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well and had to leave before the main course, cheese and dessert :-(  Yes, the food above wasn't even part of the main course!

I started feeling better in the evening, and was able to go to the Folk Festival for the second night.  
When I got my appetite back I had about half of this:


On the last night (Sunday) of the Folk Festival I enjoyed samosas, as well as some butter chicken and a few bites of the hubby's snack:


Hawksley Workman stole the weekend with a brilliant performance.  
I was extremely impressed.

I also liked this interactive art installment, "Before I Die".  
People used chalk to write things that they wanted to do before they die.


Now that the Folk Fest is done, it is WEDDING WEEK!  
My sister is getting married on Friday!!!

We had a family dinner at Red Lobster this evening - our last before the wedding. My precious little nephew ordered his favourite meal - mussels. What a kid!


Have you ever been to an outdoor music festival?
What do you have going on this week?

14 comments:

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga said...

good luck and congrats to your sister..i know you've worked so hard to help her with the wedding on friday! :)

Simply Life said...

wow! what a spread! hope you're feeling better!

Amber said...

You and your friends throw such awesome dinner parties!!!!

Have fun at your sisters wedding. I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I've been to one outdoor concert, but never an outdoor festival. It's on my list of "30 things to do before I turn 30"!

Hope wedding week is a blast! I'm sure it will fly by...

Anonymous said...

Never been to an outdoor festival! I hope you are feeling better. I can't believe your sister's wedding is on Friday....it seems like just yesterday you said she had gotten engaged!

Kacy said...

I love Music Fests! All that food looks great! Glad you're feeling better!

Biz said...

I love outdoor festivals - but my husband isn't a huge fan of crowds - I usually save them for girls night out! :D

Congrats to your sister!

Madeline- Greens and Jeans said...

Man, I feel like we were just hearing about your sister's engagement!

Kelsey Ann said...

although its kind of a side note, don't you love how whenever there's a big table gathering.. there's always the patio chairs that need to come out to make sure theres a seat for everyone. I remember always trying to fight for the good chairs but usually being too late and getting the patio chairs lol. Thankfully the chairs look good, unlike ours lol

Its the perfect outdoor setting! All the best to your sister <3 <3

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love that your nephew eats mussels!! I adore mussels but prob didn't as a child. He sure has a great pallet at an early age! I have a busy week with run club and social stuff on thur and then I go to the cabin on Friday. Happy wedding week!!!!

sophia said...

Oh dear, what happened? I'm sorry you got to miss the feast...wow not even the main course and that was quite a spread!

Feeling better now? :-)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

The food all looks great and the festival sounds like alot of fun! The samosas would have been my fav

Anonymous said...

good luck this weekend! Enjoy every minute with your family!!! And I wanna be friends with all your friends! FOODIE FRIENDS.

Unknown said...

Yay wedding week! I hope it has gone smoothly! That pic of your nephew and his mussels is priceless!