Monday, August 29, 2011

Getting Ready for the Wedding

The morning of my sister's wedding, she treated all us girls in the bridal party to manicures.  We then went to my cousin's salon to get our hair and makeup done.


My sister's hair was simply regal.


Once we were all beautified, we headed to the hotel to get our dresses on.  I snapped a couple pictures of before we left for the church:


Excitement and nerves were high as we drove to the church ...

Stay tuned for the final, and most beautiful wedding post and pictures.

In other news ...

The hubby participated in a bike race for palliative care yesterday.  
I was up bright and early to watch him start and finish.

The Hubby is on the right with his head up.
Also, I made Sophia's chicken soup.  The warm, comforting smell filled my house and the taste was unique with the flavour of a spice I hadn't cooked with before.  I loved it.


Lately I have been drinking a lot of green monsters:

And tomorrow kids start school - eeeeeeeeeek!  I hope they like me!

Have you ever cook/baked with star anise?

13 comments:

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga said...

you all look wonderful!

and i love that black & white damask print wallpaper!

Simply Life said...

she looks gorgeous!!!

Madeline- Greens and Jeans said...

Your sister made such a beautiful bride! I love her little facinator in her hair!

Anonymous said...

I've never cooked/baked with it. Your sister's hair looked amazing!

Amanda said...

oh man! I love the wallpaper in that salon.

Your sister looks so pretty. I love her dress.

Good luck with your first day!

Anonymous said...

Have never cooked with star anise, but I have been having lots of green monsters lately, too. Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure the kids will love you :)

sophia said...

Wow I see the resemblance between you and your sis...she is gorgeous (and so are you, dear Jolene!)

I'm so happy you tried that chicken soup. That was my first time with star anise, too.

And don't worry, Jolene!! I'm sure the kids loved you! How can they ever not?!

Anonymous said...

that is actually in this spice kit I just got for my wedding...btw I LOVE her dress..it's sooo elegant and timeless!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say that spice is foreign to me! But I listened to "Forever" on youtube after you mentioned it... where has this song been all my life? It's AMAZING! I've already bought it and put it on my iPod. Thanks!!

Kacy said...

I love her hair!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have never made anything with star annise...

Your sister sure looked gorgeous! I love her dress!!

Losing in the City said...

i have used annise in my oatmeal.... i'm from the caribbean and we use annise to make oatmeal.. such beautiful wedding pictures.. love your sisters dress...

Katie @ peacebeme said...

I LOVE her dress! I am getting married next June and that is exactly the kind of dress I am looking for, lacy cap sleeves, a little different than the traditional strapless.