Thursday, September 25, 2014

Weekday Teamwork

We aren't overly busy with obligations, however Mondays and Tuesdays seem to be our "busy" days of the week, or at least the days on which we need quicker meals

On Monday, Christopher was home early from work, and by the time I got home, the vacuuming was done, and dinner was made.


He dropped me off at my class, and then prepared snacks (homemade fries and pico de gallo) for us to enjoy during Pizza Wars: Regina!!  I made my TV debut on this show as the local expert and one of the judges.  It was fun to watch! 


On Tuesday evening I made a quick and easy dinner, as it was jam night for Screaming Daisies.  I had found sourdough pasta, and wanted to try it in something quick.  We had tuna casserole.


The pasta was great, and it cooks faster than regular pasta.  It's also vegan, salt free, and a probiotic.

Last night we had nothing going on, so we went out to the theatre to see The Hundred-Foot Journey, which we both enjoyed.  After the movie, we hit The Keg for some appetizers, as we had a gift card to use. 


We were very disappointed, as I have been before, in The Keg.  Their food is bland and boring, and the cheesecake was downright horrific.  It tasted like sandy hair gel.  Nasty.  We will NEVER eat at The Keg again.  I have a really difficult time figuring out why this place is so popular, and how on Earth it can be considered fine(r) dining.  Sick.

How's your week been going so far?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I just finished reading the book The Hundred Foot Journey so now I need to see the movie! A lot of my week nights were busy this summer so I am hoping that they slow down now that my run club season is pretty much over as I have rarely cooked on any weeknights. I used to always make dinner for Phil and I on Tuesdays but he had softball all summer so we didn't get to do that but his season wrapped up last week so I am going to reinstate that tradition!